BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Friday was 70 degrees and sunny and I decided to knock the dust off of the YZ. My neighbor was home and we took a short ride 3 miles to my buddy's place and did a loop. About a 45 min ride and it felt really good.
So, today, I burned another gallon or so of fuel, got some mud on the fenders and had a good ride. Temps were only around 50 today but that was good enough. Since I haven't riden in a while, I took it fairly easy and worked on fundementals. A number of more rides like this and maybe I can ride with the Spodes again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
craig_enid said:
Off Monday, forecast 60 degrees....?
I have to work this Saturday, so Monday is a possible, call me sometime.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Thank you. I had not ridden the 500 in many months, and the new sections were a VERY welcome addition. Somewhat technical, off camber, and even tight at times. It really mad me take a second look at the area and re-evaluate my thoughts. Well done.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Monday is a legal holiday, wouldn't want to upset anyone by working.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll break out the net-jersey then! Got my kitchen pass.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Mary exercised the right of first refusal.... she's claimed Monday as her's.
I'm now planning on a Sunday ride. (and that ain't bad!) 8 o'clock mass to PTL, then on to the 500 to PTL some more!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I am ok with Sunday, how about, Loring?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Off to the 500 for some quality seat time! Yeah Baby!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sunday, I met up with some of the HS crew for a ride at the 500. I informed them before we left the pit area that I would be riding a solid "lapper" pace. What I didn't know was how much of the 500 had been damaged from a tornado last year. It was amazing how much damage was done but the Stillwater Trail Riders did a great job clearing or cutting new trail.
After a half lap, I was winded so I let them go on and headed to the truck for some additional refreshement. After a hearty belch, I was ready (now I know why babies cry when they need to burp). Not having riding the 500 in two years I was in for a pounding. Thanks to Craig for not leaving me to ride alone. Gotta get more seat time.
As sore as I am, it is not to bad but OMG the monkey butt! Glad I decided to take the holiday off. It's going to be in the 70's today so I guess I should go ride.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i went and rode the track at okmulgee. it was the first time i had been to a track since i tore my acl, august, '08 and the third time i had ridden at all. it was tough, i did not ride well. my legs/knees just don't work anymore.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
"Welcome to my world" QUOTE]
They allow visitors?:)

Top Bottom