A much appreciated THANK YOU from Buster

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
I would like to thank the people/companies that helped me out tremendously over the last few months in preparing for the vet championships this past Sunday at Glen Helen, with out them I could have never been there!

DRN.. I would have never thought a website of a bunch of moto-heads (self included and with the up most respect) could be so supportive and family like! My hats off to Okie, the mods, and all the members, this place really is something special! A special thanks to Thump for helping me get into shape in a short amount of time, every thing was good except my DAMN ARMS!!!

Forward Motion.. Let me just say that Eric Gorr and Rich Rohrich did the impossible with my 99 YZF400. Eric put his 420 kit along with Rich's head work and OMG, you wouldn't believe how much of a difference it made! For those that don't know me, I unfortunately weigh 220lbs :( riding an outdated (for racing anyway) 99' 420. Doug Dubachs highly modified 426 and Guy Coopers 520 were really the only two bikes that were noticeably faster on the start, and they both weigh about a buck fifty wet!
I can't say enough about how well my bike runs, and if your in the market for more horsepower, call Eric, you won't be disappointed!

RG3..Rob and Ian at RG3 set my bike up with suspension and triple clamps that are second to none! I am very picky about suspension and I have nothing but rave reviews to say about the work they do. Glen Helen gets VERY rough with square edge holes that could swallow a man whole! I've tried just about every type of suspension over the years and without question I believe they are the best thing going.. period!

Orange county Honda.. Jeff and Steve at OCH are two of the nicest and most helpful people you could meet! Thanks for all the help and motivation Jeff, I'll see you soon when it's time to buy a new ( much needed ) bike :) !

FOX.. I owe Todd Hicks a BIG thank you for setting me up with FOX gear, he's got enough to do with all the national guys, and too help a has been :p like me , well... just simply THANK YOU!

OAKLEY..Thanks a ton to Mike Bell at OAKELY, he not only helped out a great deal with product at Dirt Week 01, he helped me personally with goggles for this race!

Asterisk.. I suppose this is a given, but I just want to thank all the guys, Jim, Danny,Ricardo,Dave, Mark,Brad,Chris, and Laura for putting up with me during my "time of absence" to go riding :) .

White Brothers.. Thanks to Allen Olsen ( Doug Dubachs mechanic ) for helping me out with my never ending pipe and silencer issues! And thanks to White Brothers in general for putting on a first class race, they do an awesome job on the track and atmosphere to create a great day at the races!

I would also like to thank my wife Marita for understanding and being supportive during my nonstop riding and bike work, and we've only been married a year :) !
Thanks to all my friends and fellow DRN'ers that came out to watch and support me, AJ,TTRGUY,GSR,thumbs, and ScottyB, it was great being surrounded by such good people!

I didn't fair near as well as I'd like due to severe arm pump/fatigue, but I assure you I will be on the podium next year,
GIDDYUP!!

Buster

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrats Mister!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Congratulations on a great ride Billy. As much as we'd like to take credit it's obvious the reason your lightly modified YZF was running third was due to the maniac twisting the throttle :)

I can't wait till next year when you get a chance to train for real and ride a newer bike. Dr. D better watch out.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
and too help a has been like me
:silly: WHATEVER!:silly:

Standing on the never was side of the fence Billy you still got it.:)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Does the bike still run after two motos with you on board? :p

If it does, that's an endorsement for the motor work! :confused:

Congratulations on your performance. Kick their butts next year!

B

biglou

Thank you, Billy!

What a pleasure watching you shred that GP track like a kleenex! It's not often us mere mortals get to see riding like that. Not to mention your duel with Travis and the Cannondale. Quite a sight for those of us who only occaisionally push the envelope of mediocrity. Cheers!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Billy,
We are all proud of how you did at the race, not because you are fast enough to run with Doug, Terry and Guy... but because you are good friend that went after it with no reserve. Now then next year... we will have about 35-40lbs off your arse... arms will be in shape and you will have a full pit crew at the race. I will write on the pit board... "giddyup" and we will be celebrating victory till the wee hours of the morning. Now thats a good time Mister.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Timr, yeah, if you can believe that! Last weekend I had a pretty big scare though as on the first lap of practice on Saturday I blew the head gasket :silly: . I knew what it was right away since I had experience at DW with Thumps bike :p . A shop close by fixed it in three hours and I was able to race the second moto later in the day. I was running it way too lean the week before and I think it got over heated one too many times, but it runs great now.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Great job Billy

Next year is the one and if any way I can do it I would love to be out there to watch and wrench. Also Thump thanks for the pics they are grea- gotta love that fender.
BTW Billy we have a bit of a delema here with thekid- seems after we got home from DW he brought up we misnamed him and he wants to change his first name to Billy. His reason- you, and a Billy that he races here every week- All the really fast guys are named Billy:eek: and if he changes his he will be that much faster.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
#2 is Terry Fowler, that was like ten minutes into the second moto and I was starting to come apart at that point :o . The fourth picture is on the first lap of the second moto, I was passing Jeff Matasivich for third place right behind Dubach and Cooper. I stayed there for a bit till....well the picture with Terry catching me says it all I guess :o , my hands were already numb at that point :o

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Nice job Billy. Next time give the SoCal DRN crew a heads up, eh? I know plenty of folks who'd like to come watch/meet the DRN'ers from out of town.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Congratulations Billy!

......DRN is privileged to be able to call you a family member....

was the race filmed? will it be on ESPN?...

are the results posted anywhere?

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
BigLou, LOL, that was my nickname when I was younger. I even had my trailer painted with a guy on a motorcycle with riding gear on with a gun holster and spurs on his boots with a cowboy hat, ahhh the cheesy things we do :p .

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Billy/Thump, where'd you get those pictures? They don't look like the ones Marita took.
You did a great job Billly. It was a pleasure being part of your cheering section! :)

Sorry LT/other Socal members, I meant to post something in the Places to Ride forum about coming out to watch Billy race but obviously AJ's accident kind of took presidence and I didn't get a chance. :(

It was awesome though. Billy is a blast to watch. You won't want to miss it next time! :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LongTime, sorry about that, I wasn't sure on how I was going to do, so I didn't want to advertise too much ya know?

Pokie, I know someone was filming, when I find out who and when it's airing I'll let you know.Sorry bud, I'm not telling you where the results are since I ended up fading back to double digits :p .

Top Bottom