A new bike, upgrade from honda XR100

Supermuffin

May 1, 2010
Hi there, I'm looking for a new bike. I am generally a trail rider so it would need to be california green sticker eligable. but i also want to be able to use my bike doing jumps and racing non-competion (racing myself practically)

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
140 pounds. 5 foot 10 inches
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Generally Aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I have a motocross track that i built myself. It has many jumps so i would need a bike with good suspension. Or a bike with good power and then i could upgrade suspension. I also will be riding Trails in California, So High Desert area where it sometimes snows.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes, I have been riding for quite sometime.
1982 HONDA XR100

5) Do you think you will race ?
Not in any formal competition, but i do have a track that i like to race my friends or just myself.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4-stroke (as 2 strokes are not eligable for california greensticker). Preferably, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki, Also KTM
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
No, I will most likely be buying used.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
What ever it takes
10) Do you live in California?
Yes
11) Your age?
13, almost 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I am kindof inbetween racing and trail riding, i want a bike that is eligable for trail riding in california, but i also want a bike that has the power and suspension components to be able to be jumped and raced. I am open to the possiblility of modifiying a stock bike (ex. Buying a stock TTR230 and upgrading it to jumping suspension and upgrading mufflers/headers)

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Id get something that you would grow into like a Yamaha WR250 or a Honda XR250R. They are both 4-Strokes and are in between a race bike and a woods bike. I used to have a TT-R 225 and it is basicly the same as a TT-R 230 and they have low end power but it wont stack up on the track like a WR will. A WR 250 is basicly a YZ 250f but different suspension, frame, and tires and it has a 250f motor just different set up.
Good Luck finding one.

Top Bottom