Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I see a post where questions were asked and not answered. I do agree that after the response that was made, the thread be closed. There should be no tolorance for disrespect to Moderators and administrators. On the other hand I have to ask why did someone not answer the questions asked that were directed to an admin or moderator? I have been on this site for a long time and people reply on others knowledge to acheive things, whether it is for using the site properly or working on bikes. When answering multiple questions atleast be specific as, No to all questions and remove the problem. By just answering no you really acheive nothing other than to irritate the person questioning. Gentlemen, you are moderators and adminstrators for a reason, please respect the users as they should respect you. Thank you.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Did you spell your username that way on purpose? :yikes:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
why

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Kwakasaki said:
. . . I have to ask why did someone not answer the questions asked that were directed to an admin or moderator?
They were answered. By *THE* admin type guy. As a matter of fact, those questions are answered in depth in the "Frequently Asked Questions" area.
Kwakasaki said:
When answering multiple questions atleast be specific as, No to all questions and remove the problem. By just answering no you really acheive nothing other than to irritate the person questioning.
okay
Kwakasaki said:
Gentlemen, you are moderators and adminstrators for a reason, please respect the users as they should respect you. Thank you.
"Gentlemen", eh? We're not all dudes. Some of us are chicks.

and honestly, I think a lot of the stuff posted by some of the goobers on here gets tolerated a lot longer than it ought to.

Besides, this *is* just a message board. If I was to get my nose out of joint for every post or thread of mine that's been deleted, my nose would be so far out of joint it'd be on the back of my head, or maybe somewhere around my left ear.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was going to answer the questions asked until I saw the response to the owner of the site. That earned my silence.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yeah Preds a chick. A giant sized chick. :cool:

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
Green Horn said:
Sorry just caught the why question and here is my answer. At the time I joined I was riding a kdx220. Ever hear one of those things at idle. Sounds like a sewing machine or wounded duck. I thought, hmmm wounded duck and kawasaki, KWakasaki! Ok I agree way to much info LOL.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
why did someone not answer the questions asked that were directed to an admin or moderator?

When a question is answered with a hard "No" by a mod and owner of the site and this is the follow up "can i get someone who is not a complete retard" then there is no more reason to even keep the thread open becuase he would be attacked for his level of stupidity. Besides a simple search could have answered all those questions, so no reason to waste a "volunteers" time with answers all ready availble.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
It is nice you guys are so sure of your position. I certainly am not convinced.

The thing is a hard "No" rather than "hey check the FAQS- the information is all there" sounds like Okiewan is being a smartfanny. You guys are the Kings of putting down pretty much everyone (no- I never see the woman mods do this). People get put down even if they just stumbled in and don't get the joke just yet. Maybe especially if they just stumbled in and don't get the joke yet.

While that may at times be hilarious, it often does bring out the smartfanny in the thickerskinned person who has a sense of humor and is asking a genuine question, but thinks that someone is just razzing them. Okiewan's complete lack of helpfulness completely warranted a smartfanny response back, because the tone with which he said "no". It looked like he was joking.

It is an incredibly difficult thing to witness over and over again. I'm all in favor of closing and deleting threads and not keeping them around forever. There are plenty that should have been closed and deleted years ago.

Heck people whose humor I really enjoy have ruined really really good threads with their inanity-(and I think you know who you are.)

A simple "please check the faqs" and closing the thread immediately, then deleting it after 24 hours would solve all this constant bickering and badmouthing and trashing of children and children trashing grownups.

Pot meet kettle.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
It seems to me that the OP was answered in an abrupt (and even rude) manner by Okiwan. So what, he owns the site, and is probably getting tired of the laziness (he can speak for himself here if he wants to). The answers to most questions here are quite easy to find, with a miniscule amount of effort. Of course most people just want somebody else to give them the answer. This is fine, if you have no ambition. Of course, if you expect to get anywhere in life you need to learn to search for the information that you need. I have found that you don't really need to know much in life, and long as you know how to find what you need to know, when you need to know. This includes making a reasonable effort to find out who you are speaking to before insulting him (check the area surrounding his name).

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Kwakasaki said:
I see a post where questions were asked and not answered. I do agree that after the response that was made, the thread be closed. There should be no tolorance for disrespect to Moderators and administrators. On the other hand I have to ask why did someone not answer the questions asked that were directed to an admin or moderator? I have been on this site for a long time and people reply on others knowledge to acheive things, whether it is for using the site properly or working on bikes. When answering multiple questions atleast be specific as, No to all questions and remove the problem. By just answering no you really acheive nothing other than to irritate the person questioning. Gentlemen, you are moderators and adminstrators for a reason, please respect the users as they should respect you. Thank you.

Based on your profile and IP address, I'll hazard a guess that you are the kid's father. With that in mind you might want to talk to him about all the posts he has had deleted from DRN for various inappropriate things.

Those of us who have been forced to clean up after him just might be tired of his BS, and just might be tired of playing nice with someone who clearly just adds to the work load without adding anything useful to the place.

Before you decide if your kid was treated fairly, maybe you should have a chat with him and ask why he thinks that sort of response might have come his way.

Facts have a way of changing the spin on things. ;)

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Good points Frudaddy. But since I'm in a bit of a burning bridges mood- I'll add one more thing.

I'm not even convinced that FlyingFlea meant anything disrespectful and didn't think he hadn't just been engaged in a joke. . Maybe it's because I talk like that jokingly when someone has been sarcastic to me , maybe I was in a good mood when I read it, but it just wasn't that bad, Holy Owner of the Forum or not.

Okie could have refrained from answering and let one of the many helpful members who haven't grown weary of directing others answer. As for those who are so terribly thin skinned that they need to protect Okiewans honor from what from my vantage point seemed to clearly be someone laughing back after being ridiculed in typical DRN fashion well, geez... Let's get out the bandaids and popsicles....

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
fatcat216 said:
It is nice you guys are so sure of your position. I certainly am not convinced.

We don't ask you to be convinced. We don't feel sure of our positions either.

But we "get" DRN.

We do get tired of a lot of things and unfortunately the stuff that garners the most attention is when we bring the hammer down. Like Rich pointed out... it is usually after cleaning up a lot of other things from users.

But you don't see that and then they in turn complain and that is seen.

Oh well... it is a damned if you do or damned if you don't.

You can go to a free for all site that lets anything goes or you can go to a site like DRN that is pretty stringent the way it is ran. We let things go but usually by people who have earned the reputation of not just being here to get easy help without providing anything in return.

I don't claim to have all the answers but I like DRN and my friends here. And yes, I have been on the receiving end of scathing responses from mods when I was acting like a dillweed in need of GWB and an asshat.

Like any community... it isn't for everyone.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
fatcat216 said:
Okie could have refrained from answering and let one of the many helpful members who haven't grown weary of directing others answer. As for those who are so terribly thin skinned that they need to protect Okiewans honor from what from my vantage point seemed to clearly be someone laughing back after being ridiculed in typical DRN fashion well, geez...

I am not protecting Okie... he is far from thin skinned.

But I do find it funny how people come here... for free... then dictate how the owner should run his site that he pays for.

And don't bring in the sponsors and ads. DRN does not operate on profit. If it wasn't for a lot of the mods who do a lot more here than I do and Okie and Thump (aka those with capes) DRN would not exist.

Ivan

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
Based on your profile and IP address, I'll hazard a guess that you are the kid's father. With that in mind you might want to talk to him about all the posts he has had deleted from DRN for various inappropriate things.

Those of us who have been forced to clean up after him just might be tired of his BS, and just might be tired of playing nice with someone who clearly just adds to the work load without adding anything useful to the place.

Before you decide if your kid was treated fairly, maybe you should have a chat with him and ask why he thinks that sort of response might have come his way.

That may be completely true, Rich. However, the WWW does not get to see people's IP's or all the hard work, etc. etc. What we get to witness daily is a steady decent into low class tactics. It's is absolutely not difficult to create a "do a search" or "see Faq" link and hit "lock" any more than it is to just sit and look like a smartfanny picking a fight. Or to say nothing. It gets uglyto continually hide under the guise of "I own this place" or "I'm a moderator".

Class always shows through, whether it is wearing a sack or a fancy suit. :ugg: ??

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
fatcat216 said:
It's is absolutely not difficult to create a "do a search" or "see Faq" link

There is a link at the top of every page that says FAQ. There is the search button at the top of every page.

Now we have to add more and more so those who are too lazy to look right in front of them and use what is already available to them?

Come on... class has its limits and my class stops at holding every smart ass person's hand who comes here only wanting a free handout.

IMO, if someone is too lazy and disrespectful that they won't look at the FAQ of a site (that is listed on every page) where they want information then they deserve a little ribbing.

Ivan

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
Rich Rohrich said:

I am his father, correct. I have spoken to him and I just learned his account was suspended. He clearly knows that was not the appropriate answer. If there were multiple threads deleted, was he not notified of his behavior on the site before being answered in that manner and suspended? As an owner/operator of a non motorcycle related site I understand that when you open the door there are going to be obstacles you have to overcome. If a user is disruptive or not following the guidelines or rules presented, then that user should be educated of the correct procedures and understand the repercussionss of their actions. Believe me when I say I know how it is when all you want to do is hit the big delete, eject button. Bottom line is you can always suspend someone that offends you or doenst answer a post the way you like but the user is a very vital part of making the forums operate. As I am quite sure I will not be able to log back into this site after I have applied my " two cents" it has been a great pleasure to speak with those I have communicated with and wish you well. Ride safe and keep it wide open!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Kwakasaki said:
As I am quite sure I will not be able to log back into this site after I have applied my " two cents"

That's not the case and it never has been. You said your piece in an appropriate and respectful way, which is all that is asked.

If I quit my job and did nothing but deal with cleaning up BS on this site I still wouldn't have enough time to explain to every lunkhead why his post was deleted. Given how many posts of his we've clipped, you would think (ok, maybe hope) he'd have an idea what will fly around here. Either way, you are his Dad, so you can lecture him. ;)
We are done dealing with him.

If he takes the hint, he is welcome to come back on 05-11-2008, ~07:00 PM when his account goes live again. If he keeps up with the nonsense, his account will be gone for good. It's pretty simple really, we have limited resources here, and we aren't going to waste them babysitting people.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Kwakasaki said:
Ever hear one of those things at idle. Sounds like a sewing machine
Yep, I've heard them. A sewing machine is about right. LOL

Apr 30, 2007
I'm not a mod or an admin, but I do stand behind their decision. Your son had some fun stuff to say, and stories to tell, and even offered helpful advice to others on this board (a few times). Unfortunately, as you very well know. He did not heed the warnings given him, or follow the rules that are posted on every page of this website.

Kwakasaki said:
If there were multiple threads deleted, was he not notified of his behavior on the site before being answered in that manner and suspended?

I will testify that he was notified of his behavior before his suspension. More than once. Have you done a search of his user name and checked out exactly what he wrote?

...If a user is disruptive or not following the guidelines or rules presented, then that user should be educated of the correct procedures and understand the repercussionss of their actions.

Again, I will testify to the fact that he was clearly warned, and told appropriate behaviors.

..As I am quite sure I will not be able to log back into this site after I have applied my " two cents" it has been a great pleasure to speak with those I have communicated with and wish you well. Ride safe and keep it wide open!

I highly doubt that you'll be banned for voicing a legitimate opinion. You didn't blatently attack anyone, dish out any personal insults, did not resort to calling names, and even used understandable language! Nor did you make accusations as to anyone's level of intelligence.

I find it very refreshing to have a parent check into their kid's situations without blazing into the situation with flaming accusations.

Welcome to DRN :cool:

Also, I might add that I'd gladly welcome you son back as long as he plays by the rules, and shows a little respect for the authority figures on the board.

Top Bottom