MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Scott, thanks for the kind words.

How is your bike search going? Have you narrowed it down?

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
Mark,

You are welcome about what I wrote, and I meant it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Haven't made a decision yet, don't realy have to until spring. :)

Still waiting for Mike's collar bone to heal so I can test ride his KTM 400 EXC.
(It is up at his dad's house in Petoskey)
Rob never responded about his WR426.

Everything I have read and heard makes me lean toward the KTM though. Just won't be able to swing a new one, have to find something used.

My bike is now fix and hybernating in my dad's basement. My daughter said she wants to ride it next year so I should be able to get a few more years out of it. :)

Scott

'80 TT250G

Last edited:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Well, Mark, it sounds like this cancer isn't getting you down too much! I hope everything continues to go well for you and that you can beat it without too much trouble. Good luck!

Nathan

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks Nate. After the initial shock of it all, I decided I'd better start living again.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It looks like all testing is wrapped up for awhile, met with the oncologist today. I've been finally fully diagnosed - non-functioning islet cell carcinoma. A really rare bird.

No treatments are in the future because of heavy liver involvement, but then with this being slow (like my riding), several-to-20+ years are available to me.

My wife and I will be heading to Mayo after the first of the year. I wish Mayo was in the Bahama's or someplace nice and warm!

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Glad to hear you'll be around for awhile Mark, I'm sure knowing you, it'll be in those upper ranges, 20 years and beyond. I hear ya on the Bahamas, what I would give for some warm weather. The only reason I stay in this state is because it's got one of the best trails systems, some great places to go camping or exploring, and I suppose maybe my friends or something, could leave em' for the world. Now if only we could move this state south, and get rid of this damn snow.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark

Sometimes slow aint bad is it! 

That is good news!  If you keep in mind the rapid pace of change in technology,  medical treatments, new drugs etc - I fully expect it will be 40 plus years:thumb:

Celebrate Christmas and your next 40 years Mark!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike, Outlaw, you guys are right - I gotta look at what I've got, not what I don't know....I'll tell ya' every time I go in to see a doc or get a lab test on this stuff, I hit the bottom of my trough. I eventually pull myself back out.

It looks like it's going to be sunny and 40 tomorrow. Both bikes are studded up, Cedar Creek may FINALLY be in my future for Sunday afternoon. A good ride will go a long way!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark

You know what occured to me....i have never had a doctor tell me I have 20 years to go.... so for all I know - it might be 1 or 5 or 10...    In that strange way - you are a step ahead of me!  (not to trivialize your situation...but it is another way to look at it!)

have fun riding!  I hope to get out after Xmas - but now the snowmobiles are calling out to me.....west of here there is a ton of snow from what I understand! 

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Mark,

I just jumped back in... there is a Mayo Clinic in Arizona... I have a niece who works there...

Just a thought...

We could got there instead of Daytona this year...

You're in our thoughts and prayers...

Mike Sr. & Edrye

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Boy, did I get the message from the oncologist screwed up! I've got several years before I need to consider a treatment, not just survival. Much better!

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Mark:

Just saw the post (I've been away quite a while dealing with our own family health issues). I am glad things are looking up. Remain positive and strong - YOU WILL WIN!!!

Scott

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm heading to U of M Med Center on Monday, then Mayo Clinic (in snowy Minnesota, not Arizona - darn!) January 26-29. Looking foward we'll get some headway on this bugger!! :thumb:

Top Bottom