A Related note, on Silencer Baffles (XR600)

Birken Vogt

Apr 5, 2002
I am new to the 4 stroke thing, you know, but I was just reading that thread on them and I agree wholeheartedly that people should take some initiative and quiet down their motorcycles some. On that note, my new to me XR600 ('92) has a stock muffler and the baffle is removed (I have it). I thought, no problem, I'll just put it back in but then I looked at the itty bitty (less than 1") hole in it and thought, no way, that will choke it off and I already wish it had more power (my other ride is a CR500).

So what's the deal here? Do they make baffle inserts that flow better than the stock one and go into the stock muffler? It is just a play bike. I am not going to buy a whole muffler for it. I will re-install the stock baffle if I have to rather than cause a ruckus. But I may be tempted to "custom modify" it as I have been known to to to mechanical parts that annoy me. I want minimum noise and minimum power loss! Is that possible?

Birken
'92 XR600
'88 CR500

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
There are a couple of manufacturers making end tips

Thumper Racing stealth exhaust insert, part # EX-1 (fits stock exhaust)
Vortex

bangsmic

Aug 15, 2000
I had the Thumper Racing insert in my 99' XR600, better sound but not too loud. The insert in combination with the jetting changes really work the bike up. I'm surprised you are still able to use the stock baffle, I had to beat & pry mine out to put the TR in.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom