RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
:(:(:(I just recently found out that due to some unforeseen circumstances I will not have any vacation this year to go the Dirtweek. I am REALLY bummed out but some other obligations that require vacation time came up that I really can't get out of. Even though I try to ignore the fact, there are other things besides dirt bikes in my life.

I guess I’ll have to ride more to help drown my sorrow. Good thing there are some nice spodely riding buddies right in the NY area. I think I'll go riding tonight.

Have fun and (sniff, sniff) I’ll be thinking of all the fun I’ll be missing.

B

biglou

Oh, man. That blows. You really should lie. If you weren't at last year's it's hard to describe just how great it is. Medical emergency maybe? Alien abduction? There's gotta be a way to weasel into it somehow.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yup, and I even offered RM_Guy a spot on our rental motorhome to get out there!

I think "unforseen circumstances" translates to, "I talked it over with my wife, and she decided that there were other places she'd rather go on vacation than Podunk, IL!" (Am I close, Dave?? ;) )

I was looking at my work schedule, and I have the feeling that September is going to be veeerry busy, unless they pull the rug out from under my project. However, I have determined that 4 days out of my schedule will be worth a little bit of overtime to get there. Here's hoping it works out...

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
:( I'm very sad to hear this. After reading about your riding style I was looking foward to having some to ride with.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe your wife should talk to mine, she doesn't care a bit as long as she doesn't have to go (she doesn't ride or camp in anything less than a 5 star hotel). Personally I think she just doesn't want to hang around Thump that long ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks for the support

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I’ve already had to borrow (steal) some extra time off so I think I milked that cow dry already. It’s not so much my wife (although I will admit she did play a part but we’re going to VA beach the week before) but some family stuff that I’d just as soon not go into. I was excited about taking off two weeks in a row, one for the beach and one for Dirtweek. The house at the beach is already paid for and I do know my wife WON’T give that up.

If anyone is there that was at the NY spodefest (remember, I know who you are), maybe they can demonstrate some of my riding antics (of course with some minor embellishments I’m sure). Just imagine someone talking about how fast they are and then passing them and thinking, “wasn’t that the guy that said he was real fast”, and when you get back to the pits you find out they had “arm pump”.

I’ll still peek in the Dirtweek forum occasionally even though it will be painful.

Hey Patman, maybe your wife is embarrassed to be around you when your pants are off :p

I just have to accept this or I’m going to drive myself crazy. Just like when I realized that Lori was going to roost me BIG TIME at the NY spodefest, I closed my eyes, lowered my visor and accepted my fate.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dave - You're not alone.
I talked it over with my wife, and she decided that there were other places she'd rather go on vacation than Podunk, IL!
Especially since we just moved from there!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Dave, sorry to hear that neither you nor Bill will be attending Dirtweek.

Originally posted by RM_guy
If anyone is there that was at the NY spodefest (remember, I know who you are), maybe they can demonstrate some of my riding antics
I've got you covered Dave. Well, actually Lori got you covered!!;)
I'm sure that we will be able to come up something to entertain the DRN Horde.
Lori- I hope your schedule works out. If you do make it out there I'll follow you through the trails instead of OffRoadWarrior.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry to hear that.

I don't have the vacation time either. I've saved every bit of my overtime to pay myself for the days I'm taking off without pay. I just told my boss I would be a really bad person to be around if I didn't go to Dirtweek. The wife is ready to get rid of me for a few days, so that is not a problem.
I know, tell your boss(wife) that someone took your bike and you are going to follow them to find their hideout. Yeah, that's the ticket! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:p

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by Papakeith
Lori- I hope your schedule works out. If you do make it out there I'll follow you through the trails instead of OffRoadWarrior.

Well, no guarantees there, Papakeith! I'm usually right behind OffRoadWarrior in the trails. If he says something like, "I found this really cool trail, follow me!" THEN you'd better turn around!

I think my schedule will work out. It's probably going to be down to the wire, though. I just don't know how I'm going to explain to my family in IL that I'll be out there in September, but won't be able to visit! :eek:
I'm sure they're not up for a 4 hour drive just to see me and my crazy Internet dirt bike friends!

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Can't you guys come down with a 24-hour tumor or sumthin'?

I'll be happy to lend you my "Big Book of Excuses".

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
RM Guy, Woodsrider,...You know this doesnt look for the representation of the Empire State, just joking, sorry to hear, I was looking foward to meeting you guys there. There will be more!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom