slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
This weekend I took a nasty spill. At a local mx race I showed up a little late and missed my practice. Oh well, Ive ridden it before it should be ok. But in my first moto, I was way nervous, got a bad start, competing against a better class I tried hard to catch up. On my fourth lap I was so tired. I took off very bad on a 60 ft double and looped it ugly. Anyways, I threw the bike away and landed in the flat on my feet and immediatly started cartwheeling. I havent seen the video yet but my friends said I cartwheeled 3 or four times and ended up in a pile. Because of my insistance on wearing all of my protective gear, I was able to walk away from it with just a severely stubbed toe. The only thing I wish I had was knee braces and a neck brace. My knees are fine thanks to knee/shin protectors, but my neck feels like someone drove a battering ram into the back of my head. All in all I feel pretty lucky.
:D

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Oh yea, I forgot to mention how much I love shoei helmets. It sucks that I have to replace it after 6 rides with it but It sure saved my melon. It must have hit the ground pretty good because it cracked and flexed, popping off the gel coat, paint or whatever it is, tore off the visor and holding bolts. Aside from the bad stutter I have now it really worked good!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Slick - check out www.promotorcyclesafety.com and say goodbye to stiff necks! There is also a good thread on the product called "Neck Protectors" in this Forum if you haven't see it yet! :)

Glad you walked away from everything pretty much okay!

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Thanks for the link nikki. Those are the best looking ones Ive seen. I think i will order one, but do they have local dealers to check them out closer?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Slick - I have seen LOTS of them at the MX tracks this year. Next time you're out take a look around. Or else just order one and give it a try and see for yourself - there is a money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Top Bottom