zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
From 81 to 87 I owned a KDX250......from 87 to 03 I owned a KDX 200.....since 03 I 've owned a KDX 220R and ever since the first day I've used Golden Spectro at 64/1 with NEVER a piston/cylinder/crank failure. After reading all the pre-mix threads I could find I thought maybe I should change the ratio (40/1). All I got was more smoke and splooge. I think the key to this is right on the label of the Spectro bottle. "Concentrated" . Ya just don't need to use as much Spectro as the other stuff. Back to 64/1.

Cheers
RS

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm actually trying Golden Spectro @ 40/1 after using Torco's GP7 for a couple of years. So far I'm liking the results. The GP7 was good stuff, and a top-end inspection on one of my other bikes, showed good results. But I felt the bikes that used the GP7 required more jetting changes than the Spectro. Especially with my KTM 300. I will not know the end result of my premix change though until major engine inspection time rolls around at the end of this year.

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
I can't tell. I've only used Spectro.Can't compare to other per-mix oils. What I did see didn't look any dirtier than what I would expect.
RS

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom