About Chain Rollers (not roller chains)

uts

Jan 8, 2004
Hey Dirties,

Questions about chain rollers.
I need 2 new ones for my it465. I will get them in a couple of weeks( I am broke from fixing all the other parts - but it's nearly complete.
I have a working lower roller off of my old cr250. It bolts right onto the IT and looks good. Is the diameter critical. It feeds the chain niceley but I don't know if the diameter is the same.
Also there is no top roller. If I am not doing any jumps(jumping an it 465 is not a good idea anyway) could I get away with not having a top roller for a while
If you haven't guessed , i really want to ride this week.

UTS

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The smaller roller will be fine. Some argue that a smaller roller actually allows yous supsension to work better. I never noticed any significant difference, but tried it anyway years ago.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
THere is two sizes of chain rollers large diameter and small. usually the small rollers are used by the swingarm for clearances. the large one is usually used at the top. you can run it without the upper but it is there to protect the airbox and your frame from being hit by the chain. hitting the frame could derail the chain when it hit the frame.

Top Bottom