Boricua

May 18, 2001
:( I posted a new thread yesterday looking for anybody that could help me with some information on a Husky 360 year 200, nobody answered. I'm in the process of buying a bike that it will be use mostly for trailsl and enduro riding. I was looking at the bike in a dealer and it seems to be build with top of the class good quality materials. I've never ride a Husky before and i dont know nothing about their performance except for what a person that i know have been telling me. He owns a Husky 250 and he says that is great. I will like to know how that bike compares with other bikes in their class and if it will be worth it to buy one. I forgot to say that i used to ride Honda XR 250R and now i'm looking for something different like strokes (from 4 to 2 strokes). I'll appreciate any good information.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I ride a 94 Husky 360WXE, the same as the new WR. Mine has Showa suspension and very slightly different linkage on the rear. Mine has been updated with porting that is similar to the later model bikes (more agressive).

Anyway, I love my bike and feel it is the best motorcycle I have ever owned ((I've had 36). I had to do a number of things to get my bike perfect though. Most annoying of all was the rock hard seat foam, which I replaced with aftermarket stuff. I also installed a Kehin PWK 39mm carb and fiber reeds. My suspension was set up for my weight and style by Pro Action.

The bike is a rock steady, high speed fire trail bike, and has slighlty slower steering geometry than a typical motocross bike. That does not make it slow cornering, just slightly less responsive. Actually it does very well on a motoctross track. It is fairly light and easy to toss around on the trail. The engine is tractable from idle on up and when in a technical situation the engine really shines. I find that the low end torque is perfect for tight trails and technical stuff. So much so that I installed 15/44 gearing for more top speed (102 in the dirt). It is quite a bit faster in a drag race than a YZ-F 400 Yamaha.

I have a dualsport kit on mine (just barely) and the stock 135W lighting coil drives a 85W and a 35W headlight together.

One of the issues I had with the bike is vibration, after a full day of riding it was killing me. The softer/taller seat foam and the Pro Taper bars fix the problem, big time. The bike is now very comfortable to ride all day.

Mine compares well to the KTM 380 EXC in power and overall performance, however the KTM is a better bike out of the box. The KTM 380 also has vibration, maybe just a little worse than the Husky.

See if you can get a deal on the Husky, if you can, it is a great bike.

Chris

cujet@aol.com

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I forgot to mention that it is a 6 speed which makes it a very versitale bike, capable of every type of trail and speed.

Keep us informed

Chris

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Thanks

:cool:
Chris:
Thanks a lot for your input. And yes I'm pretty sure the Husky that I might buy it has 6 speeds transmission. The KTM seems to be a great bike but I don't have any dealer close to my hometown. Ii have a Husqvarna/Gas Gas dealer pretty close. That makes it a lot easier to find anything I need for that bike. I was looking at the Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and TM bikes and it seems that the finishes on the Husky are way better than those mentioned. I will let you know as soon as I ride it.
Thanks
Adolfo Antompietri

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Wait a little more..there is even more folks who understand those monsters......you have my input.

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Heeeyyyy!!!!!

:) How are you?
I have register in some other sites and I'm getting some input on those bikes and believe me, I'm taking my time. I don't want to rush things even when other guys have told me almost the same that you told me. The way I see it those bikes should not be underrated machines. I think I'll buy it soon. I'll let you know. Like I said to the other people that answered me, seems that those bikes are made with top of the class materials and it can be notice on their finishes.
Thanks
Adolfo Antompietri

burtlamborn

Dec 21, 2000
I also had a '94 Husky 360 WXE, which was replaced with a '99 KTM 380 EXC. Here are my thoughts:

- Top rate materials and workmanship in both cases.
- Absolutely zero failures of any kind in either case. Both very reliable.
- The KTM's motor is more responsive. The Husky was great, but the KTM is better.
- The KTM's suspension is better.
- The KTM feels lighter.
- The Husky's transmission was much better.

In a nutshell, I like the KTM better except I miss the 6-speed transmission that the Husky had. Now, these observations might not be very applicable for the following reasons:

1. I was comparing a 5-year-old Husky to a brand new, off-the-showroom-floor KTM. I likely would have had many of the same impressions had I been comparing the '94 Husky to a '99 Husky.
2. Husky uses different suppliers for suspension and other components now. Mine had Showa.

Burt Lamborn

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Great!!!!

:think
Basically what your saying is that if you had have a 99 Husky to compare with the 99 KTM it will only be a slight difference between the two bikes, which I can compensate with the fact that I don't have a KTM dealer not even hours hours away from my home and there is a Huskvarna/Gas Gas dealer fairly close to my home. I leave in the Island of Puerto Rico and I don't even know if there is any KTM dealer in this island. That makes a big difference between the two brands.
Thanks
Adolfo Antompietri

burtlamborn

Dec 21, 2000
No, what I'm saying is that I don't KNOW how a new Husky would compare to the older Husky.

In any case, I was very impressed with the Husky, and I don't think you should hesitate - go get it!

Burt

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I probably was not clear in my post about the differences from the 94 360 to the 99 and later bikes. The later bikes have way more power as the cylinder is totally revised with far more agressive porting. The later bikes still retain the great low end power. The later bikes have slightly revised rear suspension linkage (for more durability and better action). The Showa suspension of the earlier bikes was not exactly perfect out of the box. The later bikes are far better in the suspension dept. In addition a number of small quality control items have been improved upon making the later bikes world class.

I expect that the late model 360 and the KTM 380 will be close in power output with the KTM having just a little more. This is due entirely to Husky's slightly restrictive silencer. If replaced with a non restrictive unit the Husky's power is as good if not better.

Chris

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Very Clear now

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. Now I understand and makes it even clearer that the Husky 360 year 2000 is a top of the class bike and its performance can be improve without expending to much money. Those are great news. You've been very helpful and I'm glad that out there still people that are willing to help others just like you do.
Thanks
Adolfo
PS From where I come from Spanish is my first language. I'm trying pretty hard to make myself clear when I write in English. Hopefully people out there will have patience.:(

efi

Jul 23, 2000
Hi !

I have owned 3 Husky 360, 1993, 1994, 1995. A riding buddy of mine rides a 2000 WR360. The engine is quit similar to the older Husky's except for the porting, pipe and carburetor. The really big difference is the frame and body. The 2000 model is much slimmer, smoother and the frame is shorter. All these changes are good and have made an already good bike into an even better bike.

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
I'm a little late posting, I'm usually on a different sight. But I have had my 2000 WR360 for a year now. I have been racing it in hare scrambles, playing on motocross tracks, and just horsing around on it. The six speed tranny is great, I race a friend of mine on his KTM300 we were even until I went into sixth and at that point my bike walked away from him. I had the springs and valving redone do to it bottoming out off big jumps, but I weigh 233#. As far as problems I have had none. It has not fouled a plug ever. The only thing that I don't like about the bike is the kick starter. It is at a bad angle and is hard to restart after you are tired. Hopefully this will come across right, the bike will start on the third or fourth kick after a wreak or on two kicks cold, but it is the effort it takes to kick it that limits the start or restart.

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Thank You

:) I'm very close of buying the WR 360. Either this week or the next one. I will let you know how good is it or how much i like it.

Top Bottom