B

biglou

I thought that MSDS's were regulated federally. Can you legally not have full disclosure on an MSDS? Kinda like, "Oh yeah, we forgot to mention that it causes terminal illness. Oops! Our mistake." :scream:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Even if WD-40 did contain some small amount of silicone it is worlds apart from pretty much any can of "silicone spray" I have ever seen. Try putting silicone spray on 3-4 different surfaces, then spray WD-40 beside it. They are WAY different.

Similar - well, I sure don't think so but even if thats your judgement, to say that WD-40 IS SILICONE is just incorrect, period.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I don't care if WD-40 is spit.... this thread isn't about WD-40. It's about red dirt.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK, TTRGuy, it's incorrect, period.

Lew, MSDS's are for the most part very vague. You can state a range of component and as long as you stay in that range, you are fine. As far as component make-up...only a full disclosure MSDS will state each and every component and it's percentage. If you have ever seen a MSDS, I can almost garantee it is not a full disclosure statement.
If the product is a carcinegen(sp) it will state such, but it (usually) won't state which component does the damage.
The feds are more concerned with safety and health issues and how to properly medicate for, or contain the product, rather than knowing exactly what is in it. An MSDS that you would normally see can state proprietory component and leave it at that. A full disclosure cannot.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Brownie
....which some of you will probually end up doing, especially Thump
Here we go... Kris, my smack talking abilities are much better online then they are in person, just to warn you.

I was rolling on the ground in laughter after I saw what kind of bike you ride. :aj:

BTW I am coming back up soon, gotta get the track wired before DW yanno. (Wanna give some lessons?)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Hey now... hang on there mister. I'm there. Let's have our PDA's work out a schedule. :silly:

13 hours each way to ride. For those wondering about my sanity, the place really is that good. And after the smack talk, watching Kris put THE SERIOUS HURT on David, I just can't miss it.
As soon as you can go let me know. I a free for a 3 hr drive any day.

And if watching Kris put the hurt on me out there is your motivation I suggest you stay home cause it won't be a real big show.... he will twist it open and I will wait for the dust to clear... over. Unless we are side by side going up the step-up again.... the Zuki just doesn't hang in an up hill drag race, but that is the mfg's fault, not rider LOL, now once we land it is a different story.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Looks like you need to go ahead with the tie-downs in the corporate jet. ;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
This is what the Oklahoma Red Dirt can do to your bike if it goes into a pond:

025biketeardowncarbentmud.jpg

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
This too:

024biketeardowncrankmud.jpg

Moral: Keep your bikes dry here in good ole OK. :D

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey Milk , that your bike or SMITTY's...... Oh wait a minute I think Smitty's pond was down south of the border (in TX).

How long was she in the pond and how long after fishing her out where those pics taken?

Does Reynard still come out to 59th to show off for the locals and stuff them in corners?

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Hey Milk , that your bike or SMITTY's......How long was she in the pond and how long after fishing her out where those pics taken?

TTR:

The bike is a friends 2000 YZ 125. It stayed in the water for nearly 10 mins, with the front end down, and about 6 inches of the rear wheel showing. It happened at about 2pm and the tear down began at 5pm. I have some other pics, chronicling the whole tear down, if you would like a link to them. (Bike Tear Down Pics )it got pretty nasty.........

The bike still sits torn down to the frame, but totally cleaned up. Every bearing had to be replaced and Michael is still waiting on parts. I have a nasty pic of the Silencer that i am going to post now too. Its icky poo-poo.

Milk

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Here's the silencer:

047biketeardownpacking.jpg

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Does Reynard still come out to 59th to show off for the locals and stuff them in corners?

He still comes out and was there last saturday flying around. He does very little stuffing in the corners as he has about half a track lead most of the time and lappers let him go by. =] I would too. Well, I wouldnt have to let him. =]

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Ill ask my friend. He seems to be great at "motorcycle fishing." ;)

nascarmac

Dec 22, 2003
I live in southern Oklahoma and the red dirt and clay is fun but dont wear NO WHITE GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wear my blue! We have a few tracks when it rain that are just bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nascarmac PS. Simple Green does clean everything but white boots! A friend told me that!

Top Bottom