? about the gas gas ec 450 fse

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have a question about the gas gas ec 450 fse, anyone own one of these bikes, this is the fuel injected one right? anyway, i am courious on what it is like to tune your air/fuel ration one of these bikes, what is all involed? what are the pros and cons to using the fuel injection opposed to the carb?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I don't own one myself, but have three buddies with them and have spent a fair amount of time on them myself.

Basically, you don't tune anything. The FI looks after the tuning for you. You can "tweak" the fuel trim via a laptop with the appropriate software, but this is usually a one-time setup thing.

There are several advantages, but the best and most noticable one is the throttle modulation...it's almost like traction control. Very nice. :thumb:

The downside is when your battery is dead...so is the FI. :ugg:

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for responding jtt. a battery is something i forgot about when i come to fuel injection on dirt bikes. i like the idea of fuel injection and hope to see it in the near future on the jap bikes, but it seems that most people are against the idea. i sure wouldnt miss playing around with differnt jets in the carb, i am not a very good tuner.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I own the 400fse which is great on the fi;as previously mentioned the fi is fantastic - set it leave it!

Suspension is well balanced, turn in is typical GG(jap like) which is perfect in the tight stuff and power is electric smooth. The motor is bullet proof and likes to be revved.

Look on the GG site under enduro and WOOHOO you will see a comprehensive write up I did comparing my VOR to the 400.

In addition, it's for sale $3,900 in GREAT shape - can't afford a back up bike($$) right now :ugg: .

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The GG motor fells like it's powered by the worlds largest battery!
:)

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
sounds like i would really like the fuel injection. the only thing is im really not into the enduro/off-road bikes because i ride both mx and woods and i use the same bike for both. i hope to see fuel injection on mx bikes soon. i keep seeing a lot people riding gas gas's in my area, in fact yesterday i saw two trucks yesterday and both a two gas gas's in them, they had studded winter tires on them and where headed towards one of the local riding areas. i looked at some gas gas bike once at a local dealer,i am not even sure which models they were but they are pretty trick bikes with top notch parts on them.

Top Bottom