Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
I just installed my FMF turbinecore II spark arrestor and there's a whole lot of white smoke shooting out the exhaust. Is this normal or is it a jetting issue? White smoke shot out of my stock exhaust but not as much as this exhaust is doing.

Normal or time to rejet?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
White smoke is an indication that you are burning antifreeze. You may have a blown head gasket. What does the radiator level look like?

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I second the blown headgasket! Not only should you be checking the level (it doesn't take much to make it smoke like crazy) but also be looking for pepper like specks of debris in the fluid itself (it'll usually float) as a sign of a blown gasket. If you ride one of those bikes with a rubber o-ring type gasket, naturally you won't have any particles in your fluid! I also notice that mine would smoke a lot more when the engine was under a load and revving out.

Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
well.... this bike is brand new. I got it about a month and a half ago and only took it riding once. The coolant level is normal. I can see the coolant when i open the cap.

Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
yea the jetting it bone stock right now. I know factory jetting is a bit rich. I live in southern california. Los angeles area.

Top Bottom