Acerbis Drink System Mounting

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE ACERBIS DRINK SYSTEM.
I PLAN TO MOUNT THE SYSTEM ON THE BACK OF MY ZOOM CHEST PROTECTOR. ARE THE PADS ON THE BACK MOUNTED WITH HEAT GLUE? ACERBIS TECH SUPPORT DOES NOT KNOW, AND I WOULD HATE TO DRILL THROUGH THOSE PADS.:ugg:

Scrambler400

Nov 29, 2000
Yes the interior padding of the chestprotector is glued on. Just line up the holes so you don't drill through the padding and you won't have to worry about it. I had this system mounted but I had leaking problems with it and scrapped it. Half way through a harescramble and no liquid left made me buy another. Acerbis even replaced the cap and hose, still leaked.

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
Scrambler was right on about the mounting. My experience with this system has been good, that is, after I added a section of smaller diameter hose into the larger main hose, which I secured with zipties. This made the hose long enough to draw from the bottom of the resevoir.
I prefer chest protector mounted hard systems over any bladder system and I rate the Acerbis system highly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…