MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
Any opinions on this jacket?
How is the sizing on these jackets? Are they cut large like the XCR jackets? I'd like to have it fit over my chest protector without being too tight.

Also is it waterproof?

I am trying to decide on this or the XCR jacket.

Thanks
Karen

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The Acerbis is a nice jacket, but is sized a little small. When ordering, go up one size, especially if you want to wear it over your chest protector. I wear large in jerseys and chest protector, but went with an X-large in the jacket. I think that a large would have been a bit snug (I am 5 9', 180 lbs). The jacket can have a liner added to it, as well as shoulder and elbow pads that snap in. The jacket does have vents in it, but still is a little warm, even without the liner. It does shed water well, but I havent ridden in any torrential downpours to see how protective it really is. I like it and only paid $105 for it to my door.

TobyS

May 1, 2000
Lorin, Where did you get it from? What kind of waterproofing layer do they have (if any)? Where are the vents located?
Thanks in advance,
Toby

thermal

Sep 25, 2001
I wear Moonstone 3-ply gore-tex and it's completly wind-water proof. I think Northface & Marmot and Mountain Hardwear make great riding jackets, also.(just make sure it's gore) I like the super lightweight jackets and if it's cold I wear thermals underneath. These jackets all have pit zips and also pocket vents. I prefere to wear the chest protector on the outside of the jacket. This way I can get a normal fitting jacket that I can wear hiking.

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
Thanks Lorin,
I decided to order the XCR because it looked less restrictive, but its on backorder so I'll wait a bit, but then may order the Acerbis if it takes too long.

MX South has the '02 Impacts for $134, and the 2001 closeouts for much less.

Top Bottom