LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
As you probably know, my husband Dave (Wintermute) is out in New Mexico working a new job. I will be following as soon as our house here in NY sells.
For the past three weekends, I have stayed home and done painting, fixing up, and cleaning to get the house looking as good as possible. Never mind working a 40 hour week on top of everything else, talking to realtors and attorneys, and getting help for the bigger house projects.
For the past three weekends, Dave has been skiing, hitting NM and Colorado. :think:
Today was the first day that I gave myself the day off so I could go ski here in NY-- which isn't saying much because out East we've had the crappiest winter on record for skiing. And today lived down to it-- started raining just after 11am. I made the best of it and skied until 2, when I was soaked to the skin.
I got home, did some vacuuming and a load of laundry.

I call Dave up on his cell phone, see how things are going. I can tell he's out somewhere, because he's practically shouting into the phone. "How was skiing?", he says. "Not bad, until it started raining", I replied. "Oh, well at least you got some runs in", he says.
"Where are you? What are you doing?" I ask, nonchalantly.
"You're going to be mad at me..." he says, hesitation in his voice.
"Oh, did you go skiing AGAIN?" (He had just been skiing on Friday, his day off).

"Nooo...(long pause)...we went dirtbiking..."

"You did WHAT?!!" I am afraid at that point I called my husband a name which I cannot repeat on this forum. Starts with an "A" and ends in "hole".

"Who's 'we' ?" I then ask. "Oh, me and Chris went riding". (Chris is Dave's friend, a guy who actually worked for him here in NY, but left for NM a year ago). Chris doesn't own a dirt bike, but has ridden a motorcycle.

"So. Not ONLY did you go out dirtbiking today, but you used MY bike as well?!!"
"Well, yeah", he responds, in a very small voice.

"Unbelieveable. Call me later," I said, and hung up. :pissed:

Wow. I cannot believe how ticked off I am about this. I get one partial day of lousy skiing, and come home to find out that not only has my husband been out skiing on Friday, but he's been dirtbiking on Sunday, taking a friend and using MY bike. (And probably my helmet, too, come to think of it.. :think: )
I think the thing that irritates me the most is he didn't even ASK to borrow my bike. I feel violated and betrayed, never mind the whole "short end of the stick" deal being stuck with all the house stuff.

The least he could do is sit around, mope, and be miserable without me! He's not supposed to be having FUN, dangit.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Here, maybe this will help lift your spirits

Pay close attention is the last sentence for point 6

housewife.jpg

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
truespode said:
Don't worry Lori... it will get better.

BTW, did I tell you I'm going to NM to ride your bike next week?

Just kidding :)

Ivan

WHAT? Dave promised he would let me ride her bike next week!! :ohmy:

Lori, you should have kept your bike with you, that way we could have done a "farewell" ride at Paragon before you leave. :aj: We will all miss you, and I, for one, am jealous as hell that you will be living and riding in the the "land of enchantment".

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Just think, if he didn't have "your" bike, Chris would have had nothing to ride and would have had to stay at home. This may not seem like a problem, except if Chris had stayed home, your loving husband would have gone out riding alone. Unfortunately, when a person goes out riding alone, there is nobody there to provide assistance when accidents occur. Which is worse, Chris riding your bike, or your husband laying in the middle of the desert somewhere with his bike on top of his broken leg? He was thinking of your piece of mind, not himself. Now call him back and apologize.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well.... I hope at least you can get some good snow in NY and have a good ski day sometime soon. I would be a little upset too if Red and a friend were somewhere warm and riding my bike, without even telling me first. :debil:

Men........ :|

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Oh yea that is a click and save....... Hey Nik! Think Red could get ya to polish up on some of these skills?

:nener:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Well, the snow here in NM is pretty crappy this year too. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better though. I'm about to be in the same position. I have to go to Santa Clara Cali. for 10 weeks and I'll be leaving first week in March. My wife is bummed, but I'll have San Fran., Santa Cruz, and all the theme parks to pass my time. She's not thrilled about all the good time stuff I get to do. I am having my company fly her to meet me in Vegas for the final round though!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
GETMETOCA said:
Taraker....was that ....real? :ohmy:

Straight out of Housekeeping Monthly from 1955, the good ole days. :)

and here's the nineties version

To impress a woman:

Wine her. Dine her. Call her. Hold her. Surprise her. Compliment her. Smile at her. Listen to her. Laugh with her. Cry with her. Romance her. Encourage her. Believe in her. Pray with her. Pray for her. Cuddle with her. Shop with her. Give her jewelry. Buy her flowers. Hold her hand. Write love letters to her. Go to the ends of the earth and back again for her.

To impress a man:

Show up naked. Bring chicken wings. Don't block the TV.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yes, taraker thanks for that piece of (ancient) wisdom. My mom and dad lived by those rules. And after 18 years of marriage, my father divorced my mom and left her with three kids to take care of (one with "special needs"). So much for "the good old days". :think:
Next time I'm looking for a bit of sympathy, I'll check the dictionary first.

FruDaddy, my husband would NEVER ride alone, regardless of the situation. That was one of the reasons he took Chris with. However, it still rankles that he didn't check with me first about using my bike.

Sandjunky-- the crappiest snow in NM is about what we get for a typical East coast day. Dave went to Taos a couple weeks ago and confirmed that.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well at least he's not lending out your trials bike ;)

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
rofl, this thread is hilarious. I love the "I'm not having fun so he shouldn't either, especially if it involves using my stuff" attitude!

Then again if my wife would ride I'd promise to never ride her bike without asking so I guess I can't say much? :)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Lori, Dave is just trying to be in the best mood possible for you so that when you see him he will be able to lift your spirits :rotfl:

Matt, you do like to throw gas on fires don't you :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lori: Shall I start looking for deep ravines at Moab? ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Some friends and I usually end up at one of the local MX tracks every weekend, let him know that he's welcome to get in touch with me and come along. Otherwise, I could show him all of the best desert riding spots, or some of the great woods trails that are just north of Albuquerque, after all, he's got a bike that's great for all of the above, and it's owner is half a world away! :laugh:

Seriously, get in touch when you get here and we'll hit up the best spots no matter what kind of riding you like! Matt

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
taraker said:
Ahhh stirin' it up now and then is good for everybody, plus it weeds out those without a since of humor :think:

Sorry, I missed the little winkie smilie face indicating "humor" on your original post.. ;)

:)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Sorry to hear you guys are moving. I'll miss you at the DYDR events.

NM is a great place to live. Good riding too...just ask Dave :)

Last edited:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Well if I was in oyur shoes and Sarah went riding and loaned my bike out without telling me I'd be irrate. I would not be mad that she went riding, I mean if she had the time, why not, I know I would. But don't loan MY stuff out without even asking me first.

Try not to let him have it too bad Lori but I'd damn sure make him understand that he should ask next time he wants to loan YOUR bike to a friend.

Top Bottom