rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Is there anyone with recent experience with this race that can clue me in to how the rider checkin works?

All the competitive events I have participated in have always had a booth or trailer that was designated as the check in. You arrive, go to the check-in spot, get your numbers or info packet. Fairly simple and straight forward.

I have been to the Adelanto Grand Prix a few times as a spectator and now I will be a participant. At least I have paid to be a participant. I have no clue what is supposed to happen. The website is so poorly maintained it is useless and I have received no information at all from the sponser club.

Unlike other events I have been in the Adelanto Grand Prix is a "non-participant zoo". I guess that is the whole point and fun of it, but it makes it hard to know what I am supposed to do.

Can anyone tell me what the proceedure is? Where do I check in? Is there a rider's meeting?

Thanks
Rod

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rod.

Go to the dist 37 website. All the information you will need is there. Go into the 'Off Road' forum and ask your question.

www.district37ama.org

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
If you want you to have a good chance of having something stolen go to this event. Every year there are multiple bike stolen and you can't even leave a gas can unlocked if you want to keep it.

Desert Vipers put on this race. They used to be an AMA club but have been kicked out because they would not follow the AMA rules. This is considered an outlaw event because they would always schedule their race on the same weekend as the Checkers race.

The only thing the Desert Vipers care about is the revenue that this race brings to their club. They have no interest in supporting the AMA like the other clubs do.

If I were you I would do the Checker's race. Top quality event, no getto spectators, more bang for your buck, you will not have your stuff stolen and you get to support the AMA that helps keep our riding areas open.

http://district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/feb08/08checkers.jpg

Good luck.

racersteve

Feb 22, 2008
Interesting comment about the theft. My first time racing here last year, some fine upstanding person stole a new, full, 5 gallon gas can. A loss of about $40. to me, but I am comforted knowing the thief probably used the gas in his 4 stroke bike/auto-and it was filled with old school 2 stroke 40:1 premix. I bet his cost was more than mine! Chain it all down.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rmc_olderthandirt said:
It's not an AMA event.........

Rod

Rod.

While it's not an AMA race there should be comments on that race in the 'Offroad message board' forum in that link.

What Thumbs said about the race is spot on. :cool:

Don't waste your money. There are much better run events.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Fun

It was the first time I have raced something like this. I was racing in the over 50 class. I did fine in the desert part, but ate it bad in the MX track section. I fell twice (on the same lap!) and the track had been watered so much that it was mud. I had to stop and clean my goggles because I had mud INSIDE ! (major faceplant.....)

I liked the venue, really nice for spectating.

Rod

OldDirtKDX

~SPONSOR~
Dec 14, 2004
It was fun?

I raced the 50+ Novice 250 class as well on my trusty, tweaked '01 KDX. To the astonishment of my 11 year old as well as myself I cleared the water jump :yikes: and the doubles :yikes: on the track. The "desert" portion was more like miles of little whoops and a little black top. Nothing like District 37 races. But, all in all it was fun. Maybe when the Desert Vipers finish counting their money they might get around to posting the race results of other than the pros. Everybody should try it once. I did and next year it will be the Checkers D37 race. More organized, few, if any drunken idiot all-nighters, less expensive, it pays points, but, most importantly it's "real" desert and there are no water jumps/doubles for me to let my ego take over on. :coocoo:

bseberojr

Oct 10, 2008
Wow its good to know you guys feel as though it's just about themoney with the vipers not what they have donated to organizations such as corva and blue ribbon coalition

Top Bottom