adjusted my cr's powervalve today

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Here's my ride report after i adusted my 03 cr250's powervavle to 12mm as per many's recommendations. I should note that when i took the powervalve cover off of my bike the stop pin was misssing and was sitting in the jug where ther powervalve adjustment is. It obsiously wasn't in there for while since my bike has a max of 20 hours on it since new. Anyways i replaced that and adjusted it to 12mm. I fired the bike up and let it warm up. Then took it for a quick rip. Seemed to hit the powerband a lot quicker and just rip in the rpm range. Seemed a lot more pipier. We were riding woods trails and the bike wanted to lift in 3rd gear like crazy when you gassed it. Stil running the 48 rear stocker sprocket so it's putting out some juice. Anyways, we went to this long steep soft hillclimb that we usually do. i used to bomb up this hill in 3rd just flying and at the top it gets a little rough with a turn and i would let of the throttle for second and then just roll it on and it would be out of the powerband for a couple seconds and then it would just rip back into the powerband and launch me up the hill. Now it falls out of the powerband easier when climbing these ultra steep hill climbs but feels excellent eveywhere else. Do you guys think it's putting out lese horespower than before my adjustment the powervalve. It was at approximately 11ml on the rear side of the powervalve. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom