Advantages to hot rod ignition parts (Nology)

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
I'm wondering about certain parts that claim to give you stronger spark and etc. One that comes to mind is that Nology Hotwire system, and other similar systems. I've also heard of FMF ignition systems.
What I'm thinking is that maybe one of these systems would help make the bike eaiser to start, and maybe cut down on carbon build up or oil deposits?
I'm not really after anymore power, I'm just looking for it to make the bike run a cleaner, and easier to start, is that realistic, or would I be wasting my money?

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Fancy spark setup worth it?

I've read about several ignition setups that are supposed to give a stronger spark for more power.
I'm interested in this stuff becuase it supposedly makes the bike easier to start, and maybe helps burn off oily residues more thourghly (spelling?).
Or are these setups just hype and not worth the money. I did a search and got mixed reviews, some good, some half way.
I'm talking about like those Nology setups.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
you will get better starting, burn off of oil residues and outright performance with correct carburation not a fancy spark plug.

Top Bottom