goc305

Nov 2, 2002
I have a 1995 kx 125 and am on my third top end rebuild. it appears that the exhaust valve is hitting the piston. I have had the cylinder bored but the company that did it wanted the cylinder only(no exhaust valves). any advice so that this top end rebuild will last me more than a weekend. thanks. Grant

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
It sounds like you need some exhaust valve machining. If your piston is hitting the valve, you will tear up the motor in no time. You especially don't wanna end up toasting the bottom end with any metal fragments. My advice would be to send it to a reputable company to do some machining to get the clearences right. I would go Eric Gorr, he's highly reccomended here. Excellent prices too.

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
isnt he closed for this month? the cylinder doesnt appeared to be damaged from the last rebuild. i think it is ok just to get the valves machined and a new piston kit and be ready to go?

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Thats probably possible, if the cylinder doesn't have any damage. And yes, I think your right, he is closed for the month. I'm thinking about porting over the winter, he's supposed to be really really good!

Top Bottom