bugabob

Mar 4, 2004
Newbie here. Found this bike at a reputable dealer but they're asking $1,900. The bike looks and runs great and it supposedly has a fairly new top end.

Located in Okla City at a dealer known for asking too much. Any ideas on what this bike should go for? I ain't in no hurry. Would appreciate any other advice on this bike. Thanks!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sounds too rich for my blood as well. You should be able to do much better than that.

BTW - Welcome to the site. We have a BUNCH of members for the OK area. Grab a stool and tell us a bit about yourself.

ETS

Apr 13, 2000
Seems aweful high to me also. Plus the fact that the 89' had the worst front fork in MX history. Never ridden a bike with such rotten suspension as my 89'.

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
I sold an 01 CR250 for 2500 that had a pipe, fresh top end (which every bike for sale will claim), new tires and chain back in November. An 89-92 should be no more than 14-1500 from a dealer, or 11-1300 privately. IMO

Don't get taken, when you find a bike you like, look at the online classifieds to get an average price of what it SHOULD sell for, and take a friend along to looke for spent engines, wheel bearings, fork seals and such. Plastic, tires, and chains can be reletively inexpensive to ride.

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
I'll 2nd ETS comments regarding the forks. The '89 was awful, and pretty much unfixable. I had mine redone by RaceTech twice, yet every day at the track ended with torn off calouses and blood stained gloves. The dealer should pay you to take that piece of $%& off their hands.

Top Bottom