fireguy

Dec 4, 2007
I have the chance to buy a 1999 cr250 from a guy i work with for 800 dollars. The bike has been well ridden, but he claims it is in very good mechanical shape. I just need advice on things I should look out for that may indicate any major problems mechanically or with the forks/suspension. The bike starts well and seems to run and idle good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
buy it. at that price for that bike you can afford to fix or replace almost anything on it and still come out ahead. ive got a 95 and love it. if you plan on woods riding youll want a fly wheel weight. hold on tight !!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The price is right, but don't expect not to have to put some money in it. I'de go over it really well, put a few bucks in it up front and it'll probly last you a while.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I would make sure it has no issues shifting because bottom end repairs are tough and expensive. Other than that, everything on that bike can be fixed or replaced for relatively cheap (it is a 2 stroke!!) and with just a little mechanical ability you should be able to do all the work yourself (again, it's a 2 stroke!!)

So again, ride the bike around and make sure your bottom end is good, then if so, buy that bike!

Top Bottom