ropethebike

Oct 24, 2006
I am a re-entering rider, so beginner at best, pretty good shape and weigh 205 lbs.. Last year I bought an 05 YZ 250 and I didn't get to ride it very much for awhile. Recently I used my bobcat to build a small track to ride on at my house and have been riding more.

From some posts on this forum, and others, it seems as though a fly wheel weight might help me control the power a little better and downplay some of the hit.

I mostly ride on the track I built with the sole purpose of getting a little exercise and relieving a little stress from the office.

Can you guys suggest some brands/weights/supplier to help assist me in purchasing a fly wheel weight?

Thanks in advance for all who post.
rtb

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
How about running steel clutch plates instead of a flywheel weight? The cost is about the same and would significantly improve the durability of the bike. I don't know. I had a Steahly flywheel weight on my bike. It broke apart a while ago and I haven't noticed to significant of a difference in the way the bike rides.

holmyj

Mar 28, 2005
76GMC1500 said:
How about running steel clutch plates instead of a flywheel weight? The cost is about the same and would significantly improve the durability of the bike. I don't know. I had a Steahly flywheel weight on my bike. It broke apart a while ago and I haven't noticed to significant of a difference in the way the bike rides.
I tried steel plates and a 13oz weight and didn't notice much dif. But my butt isn't as calabrated as most.

Top Bottom