Geez

Apr 24, 2001
Well, I haven't got one yet, and being a Honda ATV guy was considering a XR200 till I read all your posts. (The price difference also helped.) I'm obviously new at this and your info has been a great help. Anyway, here in OR we have dunes as well as trails and I was wondering if the stock tires on the TTR would be ok in sand. I weigh 165 if that is a factor. Also, my son is 15 and 5'8" or so. Would the L's seat height be ok?

------------------

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm 5'10" and ride a TT-R 125L. It's a little on the small side, but that's one of the reasons why I like it. :)
IMO, the stock tires are not very good for sand, compared to what's available, but then again, neither is the bike.
I hope the dunes aren't very high. :)

Geez

Apr 24, 2001
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately when I called my dealer yesterday about a TTR225L he chuckled--their "Spring" allotment of 15 bikes was long gone, and for a premium of $3000 :rolleyes: . He has XR200's though, and like you said that might be better for us, and we could stay true-blue (true-red?) Honda.
The salesman's opinion about the sand pretty much agreed with your's too--"forget it" was the general idea. There's a big difference between the four pillows on an ATV and those skinny diggers on a motorcycle.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom