mikewood2010

May 4, 2010
hello, im looking at buying my first bike.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
im 5,7 115 lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I dont plan on racing, just messing around with friends (woods,trails gravel pits)

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Ive ridden my friends kawasaki kx 80 a few times..but other than that no experience.

5) Do you think you will race ?
Deffinetly dont plan on racing...Already had 3 broken legs:)

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
I can do minor repairs and maintenance but anything engine related would be done at the local dealer.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
I was thinking about a 4 stroke...(Dont like the constant maintenance of 2 stroke's)

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
There are few dealers near me. They sell most brands,Kawasaki, KTM, honda, suzuki yamaha.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
I'm paying for most of the bike on my own so i was looking at getting something used. Around 2000$$

10) Do you live in California?
no...canada

11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
My parents like the idea of me getting a dirt bike. They would prefer i got a 4 stroke tho.

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Fill out the "sticky" that you will find at the top of this forum. With that information we would be able to help you out.

Since you're 14 years old you should also mention how your parents feel about this and to what extent they will be involved.

Rod

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
I would say since you are light and woods riding then go with something like the CRF150F. I know several people with them and they love the bike. Not high maintainence.

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
Just note that there is a big difference in the CRF150F and the CRF150R. The R will be geared more for the track and the F will have a wide ratio gearing more for playing around and riding the woods. Also, the F will have an elextric start. The CRF150F will be about equal to my wife's KLX140. It is a great bike so far. It will get up and go pretty good, but it is very easy to handle the power. Great beginners bike and great for trail riding. Nice if/when you lay it down to push the "magic" button to start it instead of having to kick it. Just make sure that you have all of your protective gear. Helmet, Goggles, and Boots for sure, gloves are good to have as well. We ride woods and will be getting the hand guards for our bikes soon in case we hit a tree with the handlebar. A chest protector is a good idea as well, rocks or sticks can hurt if flung up by the bike in front of you.

Top Bottom