After-market exhaust for '94 XR250

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
My wife recently purchased a very cherry '94 Honda XR250R that was bought new in '97 and hardly ridden. The stock muffler is very cumbersome and she's expressed interest in replacing it with something a little lighter, racier and with a better sounding exhaust note but nothing terribly noisy. I know the stock pipes on the newer XR's are fine, but this one is definitely bulky. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with after-market exhausts for XR250's of this era? We would certainly appreciate any information and opinions. Thanks in advance.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Bob Brooks, I play with these alot. The reality is you will only shed 2-3lbs. on a 248lb. motorcycle. Anything you put on in the way of a performance muffler, will increase noise. If you do this, you will also want to install a better air filter, like a "UNI", and rejet. The valve adjustment is also very critical on these for peak performance. My favorite aftermarket muffler is the XR's Only with a supertrapp, or thier new turn down tip. My reason for this choice is that it really does perform, and mounts up very sturdy and solid. You can run 6-7 disc with a stock motor, wich will be a little louder than stock, but no worse than anybody elses system. I highly reccomend you stay with the stock headpipe, it builds the best torque. My .02

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I run FMFs (megamax and older gold series megaphone)on my Xrs, both with 8 discs on Supertrapp spark arrestors. Three of my buddies just bought the White Bros E series for their Xrs and we're all impressed. It came with 12 discs stock and is pretty quiet (less than my gold series and about the same as the megamax, which is a much bulkier pipe). It looks very good and seems to equal or better the performance gain of any other pipe my group has tried.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I installed a FMF PerformOmax (oval) on my wife's '92 XR250R - can't remember the number of disks, I'll check tonight. The bike runs well & isn't very loud - the bike didn't come with the stock exhaust so no baseline.

Brian

Roostn

Mar 15, 2001
Are the Supertrap Quiet Core pipes with the internal disks and turn down tip a spark arrestor? We looked at a XR250 last night with one but we are required in Colorado to have a forrest service approved arrestor and it was not marked.

Top Bottom