sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
come on speedy,ttr guy ,aj, i know you guys went out. i'll start. after bidding the KC gang adue,i retired to the hotel bar to compare 7$ hotel beers to 7$ sx beers,when a dude at the bar struck up a conversation concerning my t-shirt and how his brother was in the corps.all fine and good,not one to be aloof,i remark.."that's super" and go back to my experiment. again this chatty lad remarks that he has a "benz" out back with 20" wheels. now this got my attention,so i took better note of whom i was conversing, on the end a quite chap, kinda quite in the richard speck or richard rameriz kinda way and this fellow with the "screw-ed" up benz.my curiosity was peaked. had he been sold this jewel that way or were these his modifications? so,after much reflection i remark"no way dude" , now this chap was overly animated, like you ussually only find in thrill killers, so i go back to my beer. his brother takes the seat in between us and i believe this imboldend our chatty friend to be more forcefull for my acceptance of his "benz" with 20" wheels, as he did persist.directly behind the bar was a window looking out into the alley, at this time a garbage truck pulled up, upon one too many "benz" bits i say"yes, i can see it now,there it is" pointing to the garbage truck.this got a chuckle out of the new member to the bar and seemed to enrage the chatty fellow a bit, so now he tells me about his 69 camaro with(fill in every tired hop up here) and once again i smell a rat and ask him what type of vavle train he has in it, he repeates,verbatim, the speel again, ofcourse not adressing my question.at this point the new member shows me his "gold rolex" hmmm, says i to myself, i believe that to be an immitation, so to be helpful i say "dude you'd better go back to the street corner where you got that and get your money back". i think he was momentarilly stunned,which opend the conversation to mister 20" wheels. now mr 20' wheels is feeling slighted and presses his insitance that i acknowledge his finery in automobiles.well this was infringing upon my experiment so i thought it best to cut to the chase, i start laughing and say" you don't have a "benz" with 20" wheels,you don't have a 69 camaro,and your brothers rolex is a fake,bad fake at that" confident that i put all these matters to rest with my pithy retort i go back to my beer. i do notice now tho, that the three of them are huddling together, hatching some devious plot against me,so not one to leave well enough alone i turn to them and say"the landing is 1 block that way,they've got way better bars ,and they will just love you guys down there" and ,this i notice might have struck a nerve as now mr 20" wheels accuses me of making this a racial thing. "no" says i "this is a stupid drunk thing, i'm drunk and you're stupid" . i can read people pretty well,and i could tell there was going to be trouble, just about the time i was getting ready to drop my beer and go running from the bar,screaming like a little girl i feel a nudge on my left shoulder,here's three dudes in sx gear asking if i'd seen the race,feeling rescued i said "yes" and would they like me to buy them a beer, not being DRN members they accepted and looked around for seat, i said "here's seats guys,these fellas were just leaving to go down to the landing" where as mr 20" wheels stood up and told mr fake rolex and the night stalker"lets go to the landing" and left. no handshakes and they were gone and i had 3 new sx buddie. all's well that ends well.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
LOL :) Let's hear more. It's tough to have to live through you guys but ya gotta do what ya gotta do :scream:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
That was better than any ride report!
And you even made mention of SX, to keep it on topic!:)

I'm drinking with this guy at Dirtweek....

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well I don't think my story can compare to that but here it goes. After the race we went back down to the pits so AJ could see if any of his buddies were there. Right about then AJ's friend Julee starts to feel ill. The poor girl didn't look so good and if you met her you would know that she's gorgeous so it would be pretty hard for her to not look good! Anyway, she put on a brave face and we headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe at Union Station. We had a few drinks and some food there while poor Julee nibbled on some bread and drank water. She started to feel worse so I asked her if she wanted to head out to the truck and lay down while we took care of the bill. Several Rolaids later she still wasn't feeling better so we headed back to the house where she downed about 5 more Rolaids and layed down for about 20 minutes. Well that must have done the trick because she made a miraculous recovery and wanted to go out again! By this time it was already about 1:30 and the time was going to jump forward at 2:00am. The first bar was closed an it was recommended that across the river in IL there are some places that are 24/7, so before I know it it's 3:30 in the morning and we're heading over to some place called Pops (I think) across the state line. This place is like nothing I've ever seen. Apparently I've lived a sheltered life in Santa Barbara. :confused: This place is HUGE! There's a line because everyone has to go through a metal detector. I'm thinking hmmmm, this should be interesting. We get in side and it's like a huge wherehouse, but dark and smokey with a live band. I have to admit I felt like I fell right into that movie Footloose! Crossing statelines so we could drink. ;) We had a few drinks, chatted and I people watched. It wasn't all that eventfull since AJ was uncustomarily quite, Julee was still recovering and I certainly wasn't nearly drunk enough to dance. We said our goodbyes to AJ and Julee then headed home around 4:30am. As we're pulling out of the parking lot TTRGuy wanted to go to Denny's! I was ready for bed at that point so as difficult as it was for me to pass up I had to decline. :p
Not quite as exciting as your evening crash but still fun. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yea.. sounds like good times.... may not be no Indy 2000(or was it 2001?)... but hey...

Soon to be released; Stories from DRN Does Vegas. :scream:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ttr, we're only 90min apart, i think we'll do some riding together this year. i'm trying to set up a 4 july party (prob the 6 or 7, i think that's the weekend) up here at my place, i've just about got the rest of my woods cleared,still trying to put together the mx track, we've got camping fishing/swiming in the river, riding, 8 acres, looking at getting a pig and inviting as many drn as will come, got 2 extra bedrooms. the wife and i are still planning, but we ussually do the 4th up good here at freedom ridge. shootin' ridin' drinkin' fishin' etc.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Oh, heck, me an' my consciense. I was gonna make a remark about SFC in the bar & what the guy really said instead of 20 inch wheels, but I thought better of it. Gotta be a good example, right?

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
nervous..hmmm, after the incedent and the dirtbikebuddys showed up, i found that off to my left there were 4 more KC riders, hillclimbers and other undesirables, figure it's up the in the air, they were letting all kinds of folks in there.

Top Bottom