aftermarket conrod and piston cr125 huskie

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Anyone experience with aftermarket parts for 1999 cr125 huskie?
I saw that pro-x makes conrods for them and piston, so does srs, vertex, wiseco. Any thoughts about it?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Aftermarket rod kit might be better than stock Husky rod kit. I used to press quite a few of them a while back. It seemed like alot of the Husky 125s that got sold seized up around that year.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hi Dean, thnks for the reply.
I figured out that pro-x makes conrod for this years model incl pistons. So i am on course again. The genuine stuff is way too expensive and now you mentioning the seizing stuff makes me even happier with the aftermarket stuff.
Several other companies make only pistons for them.
This engine was sezied also making a nice hole in the case. I had somebody weld it.
I know that there are several people on the forum that ride Huskie CR125 so hopefully they find this post helpfull. bibi George

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
As a general rule, the Husky crank bearings are of average quality, some aftermarket ones are quite good.

On the other hand, the stock Husky piston and ring set is very high quality, I suspect you will not be able to do better in the aftermarket.

Chris

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
I thought the carnk bearings were OK its just the lower rod bearing thatalways seized up. The Importer said to use leaded fuel. ??? Ha Ha

wayne dunn

Mar 25, 2002
Woessener in germany make a lot of pistons for Husky as oem items and they supply aftermarket .
Try the link below:

http://www.woessner-kolben.de/

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Wayne, i am already using woessner's in my wr250 huskie. Nice piston that will last a year with my kind of riding. Mucho cheaper than the stocks.
But thnks for the imput. Much appreciated. George

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Sure enough, I re read my previous post and I said crank bearings, sorry. What I meant to say was con rod big end bearing. The Husky 125 con rods have been a source of trouble for some. There was some information on the macdizzy site (I think it was on macdizzy) about them and the materials used. The conclusion was that certain aftermarket rod kits have better bearings and solve the rapid wear issues.

It seems that leaded fuel does help 2 stroke bottom end bearings live longer.

Chris

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Cujet, weren't you riding a cr125 '99? or was it a newer year?
If so, did you do something to the cases or is it completely stock?
rgds George

Top Bottom