aftermarket conrods/pistons for cr125 huskie 99

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
hello huskie owners,
i bought a '99 cr125 huskie mainly for the parts. I already own a wr250, '98.
This cr125 had a bottomend failure and damaged a case. I can let them weld it, but was thinking of a aftermarket conrod and piston.
Do you have anu suggesting for me. I know Vertex and wiseco stock pistons for this type of model, but what about rods??
thnks in adv George

CagivaWMX

Apr 16, 2002
I would just get stock husky parts. I just got a complete connecting rod and top end and comp. gasket/seal sets for my 02 CR 125. The stock parts are good and cheap. I have run the Vertex and a Ferracci (same as Wiesco) piston but I don't believe these other companies make the other parts your looking for.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
hello cagiva, connecting rods in europe sell for 250 dollars. That is not cheap.
So i persume no aftermarkt rods for this cr?

CagivaWMX

Apr 16, 2002
Your right, I just looked at my bill, the complete rod assembly 800088810 is $232 (US) thankfully my dealer gives me a reasonable discount. This part is expensive, but the top-end, gaskets, bearing and other misc. parts where decent.

va racer

Feb 8, 2002
I rebuilt my Husky after last season and got a good deal on the piston kit from Fast by Ferracci. I put the GP piston with Wiseco rings in it and have had no problems.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Yeah that is right. The piston are decent compared to the rod.
I checked the length etc of the rod but can not find a aftermarket Honda or whatsoever that will suit. Unfortunate.
I just have to buy the original. cry
thnks for yr guys input bst rgds george

Top Bottom