aftermarket exhaust / silencers

ohhyeahhh

Jan 18, 2007
I have had my 2005 kdx 200 for 1 yr and i can say i am very pleased with this bike. The only thing I would like to improve is the low-mid range torque it just seems like gears 1 and 2 are hurting a little bit on the soft sugar sand. please give me some aftermarket pipes and silencers you recommend. also i was thinking of replacing the handlebars what bend, brand, etc. work well with this bike? thanks

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
If looking for more low end grunt, FMF gnarly torque.
For more overall power, Pro Circuit
For more mid and topend, FMF gnarly rev

As for silencers, the stock one works great until you get up there on the engine mods. The only drawback is the weight. If you want a new silencer, anything with a spark arrestor is good.

Now, a cheap way to help in the sand is regearing. I had trouble in the soft sugary stuff on some of the faster trails because the gaps between 4-5-6 were too large. Going to a 49 tooth rear sprocket worked great. Many guys change just the front to a 12 tooth because you can use the stock length chain still.

Bars are a completly personal preference. I went with Rentals, I believe they were Carmichael bend (fairly tall and strait).

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I have had both FMF gnarly woods and desert on my 06 kdx200. I think the desert pipe suited me more often than the woods pipe. It is more open where I ride and some track also.
If major low end is what you are looking for the woods pipe has it. If more mid is your taste than the desert it the ticket.

ohhyeahhh

Jan 18, 2007
The trails where I live are narrow, lots of slow wooded areas, and in some areas sugar sand. I hardly get the bike out of 3rd or 4th gear. Would the fmf woods pipe help and is the fmf Q silencer a good match? I want it to sound a like it has a little more balls. thanks

GabeM

Apr 17, 2002
I just put a FMW Gnarly woods pipe on my sons 220. It really woke the bike up, most notably in the mid range. Where the bike reved up with a smooth predictability, now it just rips thru the top end. Keep in mind the 220 doesn't rev as high as the 200's do. Either way, the power gain was very noticable and quite intoxicating.
He already had a powercore-II silencer and with the stock pipe the bike was still stealthy quiet. The gnarly pipe made the bike much louder, but not bad, just a nice strong sound.
Now I want him to send the Carb and head for boring and porting. RB designs say $220 including shippment back to me for both. I wonder if this will make that much more difference than the pipe did already? Anyone want to chime in with their experience?

Top Bottom