Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
okay when i bought my 00 YZ 125 it had an aftermarket steel braded line that is routed liek the CR it doesnt go down under the bottom of the for liek the stock rather in toward the wheel then into the caliper it was wraped with electrial tape as to proteact it i thought from spokes, foriks dampining gdown on it ect, well i brake cheaked a berm today (went flying over it ) because the line sprung a leakunder the tape part and its all messed up so i need a new line now, my question is should i go wit hjust the OEM to avoid the problem of it gettign wchewewd up[ again or should i just get the same thing since they claim to get better braking power and will it be ok and now get all jacked up? the line looks like this: http://www.mxsouth.com/rideengineering/ridprobra.htm (scroll down to the pic of yamaha) also does anyone know any not too expensive after markeyt lines that are a better alternative than the one listed above or anyplace i can get a O.E.M. One online from a online store?
Thanks!

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
When I ripped my brake line apart I went with oem and would do so again if need be. I personally have never used braided lines but we get a lot of sportbikes in through work that have had them put on. Like everything some are better than others, actually some braided have been worse than stock.

Do you have a honda oem line installed right now???

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
It sounds one or two things are going on here...
The previous owner installed the Honda-routing line w/o buying the clamp that is supposed to be at the top of the fork gaurd AND/OR the hose already had a leak and they taped it up for the sale.
The Honda-routed line should not have trouble contacting the wheel/tire/rim if installed correctly.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
nope its an aftermarket im not shure the brand, its just routed liek the CR not a cr tho look at the picture on the link i listed its looks exactly liek that, but i dont see how it helped all that much as it seemed just liek an OEM in braking power do you have any clue how much a OEM would run are they more than an aftermarket?

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
Originally posted by los36
It sounds one or two things are going on here...
The previous owner installed the Honda-routing line w/o buying the clamp that is supposed to be at the top of the fork gaurd AND/OR the hose already had a leak and they taped it up for the sale.
The Honda-routed line should not have trouble contacting the wheel/tire/rim if installed correctly.

well the clamp is installed where the looped plastic piece is at the very top of the fork guard as pictured here a little higher than where it is in the picture http://www.mxsouth.com/rideengineering/ridprobrayz.jpg

but yes those are possibilities , but i dont want this to happen again so the question still stands OEM or aftermarket? does any one know a ball park figure on a 00 yz 125 oem brake line or a place i can get a oem online ?

i aprechiate all your guys help........

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Well, if the plastic loops are still on your fork gaurd, get the OEM line. It's about the same price as the Fastline braided hoses...$75-$85.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
Well, if the plastic loops are still on your fork gaurd, get the OEM line. It's about the same price as the Fastline braided hoses...$75-$85.

only one of the loops is still intact, i just looked at the whole set up closely and they used the clamp thats on the stock setup and down at ther bottom and cut the top loops and attached it to that rather than buying the aftermarkety clamp liek they should have so with only one loop and i move the clamp down to its normal spot would an oem work?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I'm not 100% for YZ's, but I think that the loops oppose eachother...the open end of one is to the left, the other to the right. If you only have 1 loop, there is a good change the line could come out. You could safety-wire the hose to the base of the remaining loop though. Good luck.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
I'm not 100% for YZ's, but I think that the loops oppose eachother...the open end of one is to the left, the other to the right. If you only have 1 loop, there is a good change the line could come out. You could safety-wire the hose to the base of the remaining loop though. Good luck.

yes i figured i would have to rig up another loop, thanks for all your help!

Top Bottom