ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I need to buy aftermarket tires for my 01 200 exc. Living in northern michigan I am sort of torn between the Michelin m12 and s12, should I be looking at others, any advice would be appreciated.

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
I would stay with Michelin for sure. Right now there the best tire out there...IMO. I've ridden in your neck of the woods a couple of times and I would go with the S-12's:D

thetemples

Apr 11, 2001
tire

You are in for some varying opinions... I have the same bike...

I love the 140 S12 on the back... perfect hookup and very large and stable... Has lasted well so far.

The front? I put the S12 on the front and it is great except on rocks/roots... Maybe go with that popular Dunlop for the front.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I would stick with the Michelin's. I ran them all last year on a YZ400 and they hooked up well and proved to be very durable. I'm also running them this year on a 300 MXC with good results so far. I'm running the S12's.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Not much new to add but I have been using S12's since I replaced the stock tires on my Kawasakis a year ago. I ran about 10lbs year round here in the Northwest and no pinch flats or complaints. I have never ridden in the Northeast but here we have generally moist soil and lots of roots an rocks.

I took them out to the Destert 100 (very dry with sharp rocks) and ran the poker run. The tire already had three races and about 100miles of play riding on them and the leading edges of the rear knobs were rounded over pretty good. The first 35miles they didn't look like they wore too much, the next 35miles I was really moving and they shredded pretty bad. The fronts are still in great condition.

My Gas Gas '01 XC200 arrives next week supposedly with M12's. I am anxious to see how those hold up.

Top Bottom