Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
Please let me start by saying :aj: Now that that has been said, the weekend was fantastic.  Great track, great conditions, great friends.  There was a lot of DRNers that made the haul to Lou's.  ROOSTER, WALT & his son, NIKKI, JP, DRAGRACER, TTRGUY, GOSPEED, XR3J, MR MODINE, THUNDER33, BIG LOU, AGENT ORANGE, ME, I hope I didn't miss anybody.  After day 1 we had only 1 casualty, Walts son hurt his foot on a rough down hill after about an hour, but was riding again after a couple hours.  Other then that it was a great day some fun racing and alot of great pics (soon to be added).  I am sure as more people get home this ride report will grow rapidly.  And pics will come up like wildfire.  To those of you who were there, I had a great time and it was great meeting all of you.  I am looking forward to our next ride, if not sooner then for sure at DW03.  It is awesome to be able to put a face to the screen name alias's that we live by.  Ok enough sappy emotionalism lets start down loading some of those pics, Nikki and Lou.  Mine will be here in a couple of days.

Rich

B

biglou

Yeah, baby!  Great weekend.  I am exhausted.  Killer riding, Cajun food, wild lobsters, about 8 hours of sleep total for the weekend, I'm sore everywhere, and a couple other places I haven't identified yet!  I got mega pics coming, and free jumping clinic by none other than NikDog! :thumb:  I just gotta put it together and edit it.  Gimme a half hour.  Until then, here is the originator of this thread, RichKX250.  Kids, don't drink and ride! ;)

B

biglou

OK, one more quick one.  Things almost went horribly wrong at the restaurant last night.  If only there would have been an officer of the law there to protect us, one "Officer Elkarello"!!

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
Cool Lou! It almost looks like I have half a clue as to what I'm doing. I had a blast this weekend.... even though it started off kind of shaky. I got a little side tracked coming in to the big city, but a couple of calls to flight control and Lou had me talked into his house. I haven't laughed this hard in quite a while. I am also a tad bit sore. The track was pretty nice in the morning/early afternoon. They had some rain out there, so it was pretty grippy. I didn't make it to the woods, but WaltCMoto, and TTRGuy got a little muddy. By the end of the day, the track was getting a little rough and dry. I did all the jumps (poorly) except for the "double of death" and I either rolled that one or went around it. Lou might have a picture of it. It was a little more than I really felt comfortable with. Maybe TTRGuy and Rooster will post about their "race" with the Honda guy. Oh WaltCMoto had a good little race also, but I will let him tell more about that. All in all, an excellent weekend. Have fun in Reno you guys! :thumb:

Last edited:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Wow looks like fun! The jumps look fun and safe. Lou you were doing all those jumps right? On the Nikki video when she over jumped, that bottom out, it sounded loud!!....I guess she gave you guys a riding lesson :thumb:

Last edited:
B

biglou

That reminds me, Nikki gets an honorary membership into Team NTAC for that jump and a "low fuel incident" she told us about from one of her races. ;) If you listen close, you can hear her yell on the landing, "Whoa!" And yes, she's got a couple bumps on the grape from meeting the bar pad up close and personal.

I notice there are a couple skips in the video frames. I know what causes that, and I can fix it, but not now. Gotta remake it. I'll do that some other time. I keep forgetting to bring the clips into the hard drive instead of letting the movie render from the "D" drive. Same thing happened with the "Mini Warriors" vid last week. I'm learning, slowly but surely. Now if I can just remember it all...

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
great clips guys and gals, looked like real fun!

(not that i feel better, i am still in the office now-nearly been here all weekend!:( )

glad you all came home safe, it looks like a great track, was it private, there didnt seem to be many squids out there...sundays in socal is freestyler wanna be day, LOL. now where are my side panels!:p

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Ah man, I wish I'd have came down now but I just got the KLX running again today, no more valve ticking and it starts easy :yeehaw:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You call that a lobster where you come from? :scream: Why, that is a mere crawdad where I come from. :) :laugh:

It appears Nikki may have cased the double of death from the way it looks in the pic. :eek:

It sounds like you guys and gals had a lot of fun. Nice pics

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
My hats off to Lou for putting up with all of us at his place. By the end of riding on saturday, every one was spent. We left it all out on the track as some would say. My favorite part of the ride came when I was just practice riding around the track. Here I was minding my own business when a bike passes me with a licence plate, brake light and blinkers(XR650), to be more precise. Well, Im on a KX 250, and the testosterone said go big or go home! I had to pass this guy back or my green bike would have turned red. So I start the chase, it took me 3 or 4 laps to pass him, but I finnaly did. A half a lap later he passed me back, this went on for about 10 laps, about 6 lead changes, never more than a few bike lenghts apart. I thought I could out last him endurance wise, but I was wrong, I finnaly pulled over and he came back around to where I stopped and we high 5vd and had a good little chat. That was some fun racin. no dirty stuff, just a couple spodes pushing each other to their limits and living to tell about it. ( Almost over the limit, and handlbars, but Ill let TTRGuy explain that one.)
To all you in the great white north, pack the bike and gear, head south next weekend till you hit warm weather, and have a ride to shake off the "I cant ride my bike in the winter blues"

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Walt... how long was the ride from CL to Lou's?....
sounds like you all enjoyed that day with BigLouise; envious I am now!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom