TTRGuy on the new 400:

Attachments

• kc 017s.jpg
    kc 017s.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 223

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
My new desktop background taken by Lou (note the first downslope you see if the landing of the double on the finish not the takeoff) ;)

Attachments

• dsc00892ss.jpg
    dsc00892ss.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 212

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I have tons more (took 128 photos) and will probably post some more in the DRN photo gallery. Stay tuned - but for now enjoy these :confused:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
talk about my lack of timing :flame: . big lou, i was in KC on business from wed pm thru sun am. i thought about calling you and inviting myself over but i was stuck at the convention center and had no wheels. didnt want to inconvience you but now i wish i had :ugg:. sounds like yall had a killer time. i did get to eat some of yalls fine Gates BBQ. you know the one across from the Caddy dealership downtown. ummmm good stuff meynard.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Man after looking at all these photo's and video I'm having some serious reservations about displaying my spodely skills at Dirtweek amongst all this A class talent. :thumb:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rooster landing the finish on one of the cleanest bikes I've ever seen:

And here I was a little peeved at myself for not giving the bike the deep cleaning treatment after my last ride!

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by Chili
Man after looking at all these photo's and video I'm having some serious reservations about displaying my spodely skills at Dirtweek amongst all this A class talent. :thumb:

My thoughts exactly. I was like.. Thats Nikki? HOLY SH*T!!! She rocks!!! Still blowing my mind as I sit here and look at those pics. They got a D Class at DW'03 right? :p :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What is that mysterious stuff under the wheels in the picture of Lou on the baby F?  Air???????????? :laugh:

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Nikki sure did put on a clinic for us!  As you can see from the pics, had some great riders out there struttin' their stuff. :thumb:

I was particularly interested in that "Flying XR650" guy...what a trip.  He was parked next to me so I talked to him a bit.  That jet airplane he's riding weighs almost 350lbs! :scream:

He definitely did some reading of the old "How to Make Friends and Influence People" book though...I think within 30 seconds in our first conversation when I asked him if he raced, he replied "I'll beat your ass!" :moon:  I thought at first that maybe he was just cocky.  Although, beating my posterior would be no major feat...even by a 6 year old on a "fitty." Notice closely, in all those nice pics Nikki posted, you don't see any with a fat guy on a KTM (me) airborne over those jumps, and  I can say quite equivocally that you never will.  You see, I've found that my control of the bike increases by a factor of 10 whilst both wheels are on the ground. (Read: I really suck)  That being said, the dude was FAST, and he knew how to handle that beast.

So "Flying XR650" guy, have a cold one on me!  You Da' Man!! :worship:

And Nikki, next time you're out here, do you think I could have some girl riding lessons?  Please? ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
First, I want to thank his Highness BigLou for allowing us to stay at his place. He's the coolest, but I feel the need to bag on him for having his CD collection stored in alphabetical AND chronological order. The man takes the concept of 'anal' to new heights. :debil: Despite my complete lack of sleep, I had more fun than should be allowed by law. It's hard to beat a day of riding with people you know and like - especially when it's warm and you're at a track like Merwin. Merwin is a sweet track with black, loamy dirt. I didn't even have trouble turning the KTM. That's a first. I'm starting to like that bike.

Everything was great until I headed home. I dropped Nikki off at TTRGuy and Speedy's place, and hit I-64 toward home. I stopped in Mt Vernon, IL to buy a trailer light harness at WallyWorld, and when I tried to leave, my truck wouldn't start. It's a newish truck (2001), so I was a little surprised when I took a look and found that the fuel pump was no longer pumping. None of the auto parts places had a pump in stock, so I hiked across the highway and got a room for the night. The next day brought a tow truck ride to a place I would grow to love - Svanda Chevrolet (AKA Anal Intruder Chevrolet). Susie the service chick assured me that they had a pump in stock and that i would be on my way shortly. Sadly, this was not to be. Svanda had NO fuel pump for my truck, and the part was a 2-year only fitment. The nearest correct piece was in Chicago, and wouldn't arrive until the following day.

I always wanted to take a vacation in scenic Mt Vernon, IL - hence the :silly: in my previous post. I found a nice red Taurus rent-a-racer and took off for a day of shopping and serious rental car abuse. Mt Vernon isn't so bad (except for the anal venting episode at Svanda). I found a nice little laundromat, and sat there in my pajamas while I washed my clothes. (Next trip, I'm taking LOTS more clothes - just in case). I rode around for while, found a much better room for the night, and acted like a tourist for the rest of the night.

Some chow and a little TV was all it took to knock me out for 12 hours, and I woke up the next day feeling refreshed. I had a leisurely breakfast, and headed back to Svanda feeling relaxed and happy. My truck was ready when i got there (SURPRISE!) and I was more than ready to get on the road. Susie presented me a bill for $817, and promised to send me a Christmas card. I paid the bill and hit the road, happy to be mobile again. I had to stop for some Depends, though, as I was having trouble keeping my intestines from falling out of my newly enlarged sphincter.

I'd like to extend a hearty 'THANKS!' and a big wet kiss to Svanda Chevrolet, and also to the Missouri State Trooper who jacked me up for $108 while I was driving through Columbia. I also want to thank Red for letting Nikki ride with me. She's a stellar co-pilot, and saved my ass from major embarrassment after I got on the freeway going in the wrong direction. (Steakburgers are VERY distracting.) Thanks also to TTRGuy and GSR for letting us use their house as a storage/rendezvous point.

Lou, Thunder, XR3J, Rooster, WaltCMoto, richkx250, mrmodine, and everyone else - thanks for the laughs. I hope I can make the birthday bash.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Merwin is a sweet track with black, loamy dirt

What track were you riding? :confused:

Actually - it was really sweet early on - but later in the day, as Thunder 33 warned me, bring your street tires :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The track did dry out, but early on it was perfect. The last right hander before the finish was the only part that I got loose on. The far-right side turn was like concrete, too. Otherwise the track was great for me. The start is awesome - the KTM hooked up hard coming out of the gate. I did a few starts with BGA, and had zero wheelspin. I've never wheelied like that on the KTM anywhere else. :thumb:

Mrmodine's pipe and my new silencer made a world of difference in the bike, too. I may keep it now.

tarter

Feb 23, 2003
Originally posted by mrmodine
Nikki sure did put on a clinic for us!  As you can see from the pics, had some great riders out there struttin' their stuff. :thumb:

I was particularly interested in that "Flying XR650" guy...what a trip.  He was parked next to me so I talked to him a bit.  That jet airplane he's riding weighs almost 350lbs! :scream:

He definitely did some reading of the old "How to Make Friends and Influence People" book though...I think within 30 seconds in our first conversation when I asked him if he raced, he replied "I'll beat your ass!" :moon:  I thought at first that maybe he was just cocky.  Although, beating my posterior would be no major feat...even by a 6 year old on a "fitty." Notice closely, in all those nice pics Nikki posted, you don't see any with a fat guy on a KTM (me) airborne over those jumps, and  I can say quite equivocally that you never will.  You see, I've found that my control of the bike increases by a factor of 10 whilst both wheels are on the ground. (Read: I really suck)  That being said, the dude was FAST, and he knew how to handle that beast.

So "Flying XR650" guy, have a cold one on me!  You Da' Man!! :worship:

And Nikki, next time you're out here, do you think I could have some girl riding lessons?  Please? ;)

tarter

Feb 23, 2003
flying XR650 guy :yep,it's a beast,but it flies real good with race tech
springs and some carb mods.Merwin is really fun for wide open4stroke
racing,if you have the right suspension setup.thanks for posting the picture Nikki and Christopher ,hope your shoulder gets better.it sure was cold on the 22nd,but the track was perfect and the downhill double is sweet into a 20mph headwind...ride fast and prosper.
My name is Eric Tarter from Harrisonville,Missouri,33.

Top Bottom