Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I am in the process of making my KTM 200exc street legal. The only thing I haven't ordered is the tires. I am tempted to leave the D756's on, but with my luck I'll get nailed for it. I intend to do a lot of aggressi ve off road riding with a little country road riding thrown into the mix. I would like to get involved in the organized dual sporting events in the area, which are a lot like enduros around here. I may even get in a hare scrambler every once in awhile, but the tires could be changed for that.

At any rate I have been considering the Kenda Trackmaster II K-760 and the Metzler MCE six day tires. Of course the Kenda is a lot cheaper and the way I am leaning, but I don't want to throw my money away just to try and save a few bucks. I am open to any other suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.

Neal

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
My WR250 had a dual sport kit on it and I ran a MT21 on the rear. That was an excellent tire for the road, and worked good off road too.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The Kenda on the rear is OK, especially considering the low price, but does not perform as well as the Pirelli MT21.

The good old Metzeler Unicross front can be had DOT legal and is a predictable if not great performer.

Used the Metzeler six days once about 10 years ago and it was horrible - worst rear tire I've ever used. I hope the new ones work better!

If you don't care about DOT legality, I'd put on some Michelin M12s. They wear extremely well for real knobbies.

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Thanks for the advice guys. Yes, I am concerned about the tires being DOT legal. If I wasn't I would stick with the D756 or S-12. More opinions welcome.

Neal

Top Bottom