OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Just wondering who I might run into at Hallet the weekend of April 6-7. AHRMA vintage MX, Trials, and Roadracinging both days. Post-vintage MX and trials will be Saturday and Vintage MX Sunday. Also that weekend at Claremore nearby will be a Vintage mile flat track on Saturday, and an AMA National mile on Sunday. Unfortunately for me, the clutch is fried in my 70 square barrel.:ugg: My 76 AW will be together next week, but the pre-registration cut-off was today and I need to break her in a bit before racing. Hopefully both will ready for the National at Oak Hill TX in June. Look for an old has been, probably with glazed over eyes... wandering around drooling over all the pristine equipment.

chkitout

Jan 30, 2002
Hallet

I plan to be there hopefully riding in the vintage trials if I can get the jetting sorted out on my bike. I know of several people from the DFW area that plan on attending and riding the Mx events. Hope to see you there I will have a Penton Wassel Trials bike and most likely hang out around the area that guys from TVRC are pitted.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
At this point it is a "possible" for me. I will only be spectating though.

chkitout, I'll give you a call sometime Monday night.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Don't mean to change the subject, but do any of you DRN vintage types plan on going to the AHRMA opener next year in Phoenix. I've been meaning to get started on this VMX thing for the last to years. I need some peer presure and maybe somebody to show me the ropes (vintagely speaking). I've got a bike for both MX and trials, Phoenix is fairly nearby, all I need to do is test out the scooters and load 'em up. I know it's not till February, but it's never too early to start planning.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Nope, long way away for me and a lot of racing close by. You need to get out there before you get too dang old. As to the ropes... as the infamous Vic Krause used to drill me in my youth... "If ya ain't crashin it..yer goin too damn slow!!"

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
I know a couple of the Arizona Vintage Dirt guys if you decide to make the run. I'd be more than happy to offer some introductions.

I need to make it out there as well, but it's a 24 hr haul. It's not the drive out, but the post crash drive back that gets you :confused:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'm definately maybe going next time. It would be nice if there were some local vintage races. Just to get things figured out before I run with the big dogs. Anyway, if I shoot my mouth off enough maybe I'll be forced to show up. :confused:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by VintageDirt
I'm definately maybe going next time.

I certainly agree in principle that it is a scenario which invites the speculation of possiblities in which one might entertain the thought of. Further more, the preponderonce of a definitive chance does indeed classify this endeavor as being clearly expalined by the statement, "We are exploring all possibilities at this time, and as such it is innapropriate to comment further at this time".

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Unless of course I can't make it, but I'm not saying I can't. Then again, I'm not saying I can. Don't take this as I won't however, because you never know if I will.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
That's egggsacktly what I'm talking about. Man you are a psychic, or sumthin.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Oh man! I was just in the shower. Could you see me in there?

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Oh My Gawd!!!!! I thought that was a vision of someone hosing down a basket of yams! EEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom