Air box lid...need some clarification

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I have heard a lot of talk about taking the air box lid off and that sort of thing. When I got my bike, it already had the air box lid removed. I have a lot of jetting problems and think this may be part of the problem. Plus, I am seeing some water and dirt in the air box that I am not liking. I would like to either get another lid and put it on, or fabricate my own. I have never seen a KDX with the lid on though, so I'm not sure how the original setup is supposed to look/act. If anyone has a picture of the air box with the lid on, I would greatly appreciate a look-see. Any other info is greatly appreciated too! My e-mail address is randolphja@aol.com.

KDXdog

May 4, 2005
Check under "every rider" section, i beleive there is much about lid mods, as well as pictures. i found an extra lid cheap on that big "auctionbay" site, so I drilled the crap out of that one and have the original one in storage. No snorkle, and as many 1" holes as i could fit. Screwed a thin piece of filter material (from air conditioner)to cover the holes and keep muck out. My 04 runs better with the mods, dirt and water no problem.

Top Bottom