Air cooled Husky 510

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
Anybody know of a replacement ignition system available for the early Husky 510's ie the air cooleed.Do PVL or similar offer a direct replacement? I've heared that the reveresed flywheel Ducati Ignition of the Vertamati or VOR's can be adapted to replace the SEM?..
PS anybody have a spare Air cooled cylinder head? PM on Taliesin@yahoo.co.uk

Norman Foley

Nov 14, 2001
Husky Club sells PVL ignitions. Application chart says not availible for 4t Huskys. I hope you can find another fix.
Norman

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
After some discussion with a top Husky tuner here in the UK the best route is to put the AC top end onto a water cooled bottom end ie a 510 or a 610 .These are much more beefed up compared to the old AC bottom end.Ignitions etc are much more reliable & freely available.
Apparently the old air cooled top end fit straight on cylinder stud spacings are the same all along.
Still I need a head if anybody knows of one PM on Taliesin410@yahoo.co.uk

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
SFO
I bought the AC 510 engine in a bundle of parts last year sometime.Unfortunetly it was not complete missing the head & ignition.I has been offered a head the other day but on seeing the head it is beyond repair.Serious cracking all the way thro the skull area - broken valves smashed the lot up.I will not be using Husky valves in mine!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…