cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i use pj1 filter oil now and it works well but the no toil seems like its easyer to use. my question is wether or not the switch of oils will change my jetting by richning it? . now i spray the filter w/ the pj1 then as if im going to throw it i fling it down so all the access oil comes off then i wipe it off w/ a paper towl. it works well and uses little oil. is the no toil spray on like the pj1? also how well does the pj1 filter cleaner work? when using the pj1 cleaner do u just spray it on n let it dry? or do u wash it off w/ water after? thanks

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Best thing to clean your filters in is paint thinner/Mineral Spirits. Its cheap and its gentle on your filter's foam.

Then wash it in hot soapy water.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
to answer your question, the no toil comes in a kit, oil/cleaner/filter grease. To oil it, you just pour it on and work it in real good, (I use a large zip lock to avoid a mess) I have also heard that there is an aerosol version of no toil, though i have never seen it. To clean the filter, you can use the kitchen sink, laundry or a small bucket. The cleaner works very well at getting the old oil out of the filter and it is biodegradeable, just wash it down the drain. With something this simple and safe to use, why would anyone even consider kerosene, paint thinner or solvents?? Just to be safe, I still use latex gloves when oiling the filter, I have enough chemicals absorbed into my skin from when I was young and reckless.

Top Bottom