Air Filter question???

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Has anyone heard of throw away air filters that come pre-oiled? I just caught the tail end of a commercial for them on speed TV the other night. They come pre-oiled and ready to stick in. Any info on this product would be great, thanks for your time.....Lee

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
they sponsor me and I've been riding with them for a few weeks, they seem to be working just as good as the twin air ones and i haven't been seeing any dirt in my air boot so i'm happy.
here's the site:
readyracing.com

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
What do you do? Just toss them away after one ride? Sounds like a huge environmental waste to me. Kinda like disposable diapers.

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
From what I gather they are bio safe. I think I will give them a try and see how well they work. I hate having to mess with the cleaning and oil mess of the filter I have now. If this is a good product I will let you all know. Thanks for the info MXER842, ride safe....Lee

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hmmm interesting concept, I'd definately have to tone down my change the filter every ride philosophy, either that or take out a 2nd mortgage.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Chili, I agree. I ride maybe 30 times in a season. I change my filter every ride.
That would be about $300.00 plus tax for the season. Doesn't make sense.
However, if they want to sponsor me and give me filters for free?

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
The way I see it, if I got upset every time I had to change a filter, I would have to quit riding (and that ain't gonna happen).

crf250x_man, what method and products are you currently using for your air filter? I use No-Toil and cleaning air filters is a breeze. It sure beats using kerosene, gasolene, or any other harsh chemical.

Overall, the disposable air filters are a good idea, just not cost effective.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
they aren't disposable, you can reuse them.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Well I just purchased a 6 pack of these to try out. I figure I ride 2 or 3 weekends a month on a good month and for 10 bucks each its worth changing once a month and pitching the old one.

J

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
$10 each?! I have seen Twin Air filters for $19.99 at Chaparral Racing.

See also: "Why, when I was your age" etc.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…