06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
would it be ok to wash my air filter in the washing machine using regular detergent??? if so, would u wash on hot, cold, or warm???

thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Might want to check with whoever's appliance it is first. Personally I don't see what the big deal is, get a bucket and either dump some solvent based cleaner on the filter if that's the type oil you use or mix up some NoToil cleaner and get to work.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Unless you are doing 5 or more at a time it isn't worth messing up the washing machine. You also have to check IF the filter oil on them is one which can be water soluable. Some oils need solvent instead of the NoToil or similar systems.

It really is not that hard to do in bucket and now that my wife has her fancy new washing machine I wouldn't dare put the filters in there so I do 5 to 7 in a bucket each time

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I use no-toil and wash 5 filters at a time in my washing machine.

Works great. Just make sure you do it on hand wash cycle so you don't rip them apart.

Don't ask me how I learned that :)

Ivan

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
haha, this might turn into a grounded for 2weeks thing.....oh well, cant ride with a dirty filter.....well i guess u can, but....!!

redridercr

Feb 11, 2008
uhh yea i just wash mine in the sink in the shop with some purple power cleaner if its a foam filter but on my quad i have a k&n so i use the k&n cleaner not verry hard to do in the sink just get it wet (haha get it wet) and spray some cleaner dawn dish soap works fine too and rub it in then rinse off really good and LET IT DRY lol dont wanna ride it wet (haha i guess you can ride it wet but not a dirtbike) lol

Top Bottom