Air Filter

CR125_Ride

May 19, 2002
Is a dirty oily air filter better than a clean non oiled air filter. I'm wondering because i have a dirty oil air filter that doesn't have surface dirt but i can tell it's dirty because of the color. Any replies appreciated. Are they any air filter oil household item substitutes?

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
They are both just as bad as each other. the first one you have restricted air flow, the second way you have dirt going into your engine. instead of being cheap go get some air filter oil. there is not substitute, unless you want a bike that runs like crap.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Is a dirty oily air filter better than a clean non oiled air filter. I'm wondering because i have a dirty oil air filter that doesn't have surface dirt but i can tell it's dirty because of the color.

A clean re-oiled air filter is better then both :moon: :confused:

Any replies appreciated. Are they any air filter oil household item substitutes?

No, that is why they make "air filter" oil.

Last edited:

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Dude, clean the dirty air filter. Dip it in mineral spirits. Then wash it in warm soapy water and rinse. Don't wring it to get ride of extra water/spirits. Just gently squeeze it. Let it dry. Get some filter oil (the aerosol spray is easiest, costs about $6) and oil both of your filters. It's too easy and probably the most basic of routine maintenance.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…