pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
I understand I should bleed the air from the forks after every ride.But do you put the bike on the lift so the forks are fully extended or when the bike is sat under its own weight???

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
pete fry said:
I understand I should bleed the air from the forks after every ride.But do you put the bike on the lift so the forks are fully extended or when the bike is sat under its own weight???

I see from your signature you have a 1990 KDX200. Does an "E" model KDX have a bleeder valve? I think it has a solid cap.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
CaptainObvious said:
I see from your signature you have a 1990 KDX200. Does an "E" model KDX have a bleeder valve? I think it has a solid cap.

Good point. I used to own one of those bikes (a white 1990 KDX200) but I can't remember if it had bleeder screws or not. :coocoo:

It would be pretty easy to drill and tap a solid cap for the MP bleeder valves. It would probably help those old forks to keep the air bled off them. I remember them as being pretty harsh.

Jun 5, 2006
Not meaning to thread jack, but are the bleeder screws the ones that are next to the compression/rebound (can't remember which one is on top) adjusters at the top of the forks?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Xtremesports445 said:
Not meaning to thread jack, but are the bleeder screws the ones that are next to the compression/rebound (can't remember which one is on top) adjusters at the top of the forks?

Yes, on a newer bike that would be the case.

Top Bottom