CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Just heard from a couple of riders that were out Sunday and took the same first loop we always ride. They encountered PA fish and Game folks about 300 to 400 yards in and where told that the land didn't belong to RAC and they took their names and called the RAC office to verify their permits. They told them that Rac gets $100.00 for their permit but they get nothing.. The feeling they got was that fish and game was going to start issuing tickets at the very least. They also told them that they were posting no motor vehicle signs almost everywhere we ride that side of Berma Rd. According to them RAC only owns the main road. When we were out on Saturday I did notice a few new signs but this is starting to look serious. My plans were to ride the other side this week anyway so no big deal but we need to start looking into who owns what and respect their wishes. I plan on checking it against google earth or bing and over lay our GPS stuff when I have time. If anyone else can help out that would be cool. Sucks to loose riding trails but better not to get in trouble over it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Getting even worse!!!

Just on the phone with the other brother that was there. It's much more serious then I thought. I was just told that there were 4 of them on Quads ambushing people. They were hiding in the woods and jumping out when you came by. They were issuing summons for 1000.00 and taking bikes. The only reason they didn't give them the ticket was that they couldn't prove where they came from and if there was a sign. They tried to offer them a deal and only give them a 200.00 fine between both of them as a first offense and then decided to just keep their info and deal with it another time. They are not sure but think they may mail it. Fish and Game told them there is nothing on that side that is rideable. Interesting statement was that they asked if they were part of RORR as they have special permission to ride some of the land. To me personally that stinks!! Can you say Corruption? What gives a club of guys the exclusive right to Government land if in fact that is what it is. I will say this is going to be a big problem! I know if I were to get a ticket for riding on unposted land which is what our friends were doing and "club members" can ride there. I would spend what it takes to sue those involved. this is supposed to be the land of the free and not some communist country. They were also told that no one cares "much" about the other side of Berma rd but who knows if thats true and for how long, also that the area we rode the other side of 61 where the enduro was is mostly RAC property.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That sucks!

Sounds like you are getting to where we already are up here. No public riding, period :(

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah you know where I stand on Pa DER types. I'ts not enough they are the bigest land grabbers on the state, they they don't lete ANYONE on "public" grounds unless they have a gun and a "license" that you have to pay for. Even though we pay with tax dollars every day. Then the cop wanta-bes over enforce and threaten. What the hell are they "protecting" in coal strip mining grounds? I was just saying about how DER use to ambush guys in the trails pretending to have trouble with a quad or even being laying down hurt. Got to the point you would see someone and just turn around and ride away.
Yeah I know from RAC's maps they "claim" more area on the other side of 61 than whats on the side we ride.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
You keep on saying "fish and game". They are two completely different entities in Pennsylvania. You were either stopped by the DER or by Wildlife Conservation Officers(game Commission). Did you see the insignia they had on their uniforms? Maybe it was not law enforcement at all but imposters. Ya never know.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure it wan't me but friends that were stopped but it was real and people are getting real tickets. It's big news up there

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Want to get your blood boiling? Pa is leasing out State game lands to the gas companies who are allowed to discharge any chemicals they like into the ground, mixed with millions of gallons of water and not disclose what the chemicals are or how much they use since it's an "industry secret". So anyway, Harrisburg raided the lease funds to balance the budget. So gas co's are pumping Benzine,,, errrr, classified chemicals into the ground on state game lands that we can not access. Nice. Oh and if they his gas, who do you suppose will get the royalties? Wonder what they will do with that?
I gotta stop reading these Potter county news papers....

Top Bottom