crfracer2

May 19, 2008
ok i dont know very much about alcohol set ups but. i just know it runs cooler faster and cleaner. and that should make more power. but why dont people put 4 stroke motocross bikes on alcohol? i know things are harder to start on alcohol because i have go carts that run alcohol and they dont start very well. but would an alcohol carb be a good way to get more power out of a race bike.

thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Cleaner yes, cooler maybe but I don't think it burns faster. In fact I remember it buring much slower.

Just switching to alcohol won't get you any increase in power.

Alcohol has a much higher octane rating which will allow you to run a much higher compression ratio, and that will get you more power.

Rod

crfracer2

May 19, 2008
ok thanks

i dont know the built go carts we run are high compression.
i didnt think about the speed but yeah i think it is slower too now thinking about it.
and maybe without high compression it doesnt really help anything but would it be better to run and be easier on things

one other thing some people run air plane feuls in drag cars and other high performance engines. thinking that way makes sence too becuase it has to be higher quality but i was just wondering about things that would help.

thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Last edited:

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Hmm, I'd prefer not to waste the alcohol on the bike and drink it myself ;)

Top Bottom