HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
http://alderdalemxpark.com/photographs.html

Alderdale, Wa 1/29/05

This track has only been up and running for maybe a year now. Sunday was the better day but hey the weather gods were still with us. Stayed at my riding buddies house in Carson, Wa on Friday, we have been ridin dirt bikes together now for, hmmn, rather not say but what the -- like 32 years, couldn't tell by how we flail about, this was to be our first ride since August when Bret (old friend) somewhat trashed his bike trying a double and I got a contract in Idaho.

Heading upstream from Carson for the dry side it was anything but, rained like crazy most of the night but things started looking up once we hit the Dalles, it was about here I realized I was not getting a false indication but yes indeed my alternator was TU, then things started looking down again -- heavy fog in the gorge, but we knew it was going to burn off - head east young man for the track.

The track was easy to find despite the low vis and as we approached the parking area we were greeted by the sight of numerous regional pro rigs and RV's, this got me thinking a bit - sorta like "Everyone here today is a sponsered rider" me in my broke down pickup and anything but a pro, oh well, let's ride.

Well, the track is pretty damn nice, not that big, maybe 10-12 acres, somewhere in there, I like a little bigger -- like Washougal but it is nice, do not get me wrong and I think they have pretty big hopes. I don't think there is one rock in the whole track -- Sandy,sandy,loam, and a very well designed watering system.

You get on the track at the gate on a hi-speed sweeper to the right, small straight - drop, turn to the left , drop, up to a blast of a table top, don't over jump though, fairly steep downhill into a draw and up the other side - fast here, berm to the right in to a kinda funky whoop section, hey what's that tire doin out my peripherial, track kinda splits here but I hung left into a big sandy berm to the left, blast to the right for two step downs that are easy enough, back down in the draw and up the other side, full throttle here, berm to the right - kinda tight, off a flat top jump where you can really blow it if you are not careful, back down into the draw, track splits into two stepup doubles, where I got wobbly knees, maybe next time -- nobody land on me please. Into a deep sandy section that I really had a hard time liking, small single jump and then a small double,big sandy berm to the left, straight and a drop onto a section a track they can reconfigure, single jump, up and to the right, drop, climb to a table top, whoo hoo, drop to an uphill table top, whoo hoo, berm to the left, some whoops, single jumps and into the starting high speed to the right.

Only got around twelve laps in total before that alternator thing was bugging me, luckily we had two rigs, one good battery and alternator and while we did have to stop three times to swap out battery leads, batteries, or some such, we made it back to Carson in time for dinner on one of the remotest stretches of highway in Washington. Really a great weekend -- things just sort worked themselves out you know. Alderdale MX :cool: :aj:

Top Bottom