super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Rides pretty good in some euro race against some guys with funny names. I know, I know, he's still just hiding from Bubba but it's still a good ride for the kid.

I got this from mxlarge;

Silentsport news story - Coppins wins in France
mx news
CAS Honda rider Josh Coppins has won the Pernes les Fontaines International in the south of France today. Coppins went 3-1-1 to take victory. Honda riders dominated the three races with Martin Honda rider Pichon winning the opening moto from Joel Smets and Coppins. Coppins won moto two from Smets and Mike Alessi and moto three from Antoine Meo and Julian Bill.

Coppins proved his move to not race in Mantova two weeks ago and Valence last weekend was a good one as his race speed was never in question.

Pichon crashed in the second moto. MX2 World champion Ben Townley of the KTM team DNFed in the first moto and finished 7th in the second. Another KTM rider Steve Ramon also DNFed, although in the second moto.

Kawasaki factory rider Stephen Sword claimed 8th place in the opening moto and was the best placed MX2 rider, but crashed in the start of the second moto with Pichon, both DNFed. Sword was consistently the quickest MX2 rider over the weekend.

Joel Smets finished second with 2-2-4 scores, while American sensation Mike Alessi went 5-3-5 for third overall. Julian Bill of the KTM factory team was impressive in all three motos with 7-4-3 results.

race one

1. Mickael Pichon Honda
2. Joel Smets Suzuki
3. Josh Coppins Honda
4. Antoine Meo Husqvarna
5. Mike Alessi KTM
6. Yves Demaria KTM
7. Julian Bill KTM

race two

1. Josh Coppins Honda
2. Joel Smets Suzuki
3. Mike Alessi KTM
4. Julian Bill KTM
5. Pascal Leuret Honda
6. Tanel Leok Kawasaki
7. Ben Townley KTM

race three

1. Josh Coppins Honda
2. Antoine Meo Husqvarna
3. Julian Bill KTM
4. Joel Smets Suzuki
5. Mike Alessi KTM
6. Ben Townley KTM

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
In the Alessi news letter that they put out ever race, it said he was going to ride a stock bike. I thought he had full factory support, who knows, maybe it was just spin. The kid is flying, no matter what he's riding.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the bikes they rode at REM the other week looked pretty trick.- both on 250Fs- but arent they works to begin with anyway???

KRN IN MI KRP

Feb 28, 2005
super rat said:
Rides pretty good in some euro race against some guys with funny names. I know, I know, he's still just hiding from Bubba but it's still a good ride for the kid.

I got this from mxlarge;

Silentsport news story - Coppins wins in France
mx news
CAS Honda rider Josh Coppins has won the Pernes les Fontaines International in the south of France today. Coppins went 3-1-1 to take victory. Honda riders dominated the three races with Martin Honda rider Pichon winning the opening moto from Joel Smets and Coppins. Coppins won moto two from Smets and Mike Alessi and moto three from Antoine Meo and Julian Bill.

Coppins proved his move to not race in Mantova two weeks ago and Valence last weekend was a good one as his race speed was never in question.

Pichon crashed in the second moto. MX2 World champion Ben Townley of the KTM team DNFed in the first moto and finished 7th in the second. Another KTM rider Steve Ramon also DNFed, although in the second moto.

Kawasaki factory rider Stephen Sword claimed 8th place in the opening moto and was the best placed MX2 rider, but crashed in the start of the second moto with Pichon, both DNFed. Sword was consistently the quickest MX2 rider over the weekend.

Joel Smets finished second with 2-2-4 scores, while American sensation Mike Alessi went 5-3-5 for third overall. Julian Bill of the KTM factory team was impressive in all three motos with 7-4-3 results.

race one

1. Mickael Pichon Honda
2. Joel Smets Suzuki
3. Josh Coppins Honda
4. Antoine Meo Husqvarna
5. Mike Alessi KTM
6. Yves Demaria KTM
7. Julian Bill KTM

race two

1. Josh Coppins Honda
2. Joel Smets Suzuki
3. Mike Alessi KTM
4. Julian Bill KTM
5. Pascal Leuret Honda
6. Tanel Leok Kawasaki
7. Ben Townley KTM

race three

1. Josh Coppins Honda
2. Antoine Meo Husqvarna
3. Julian Bill KTM
4. Joel Smets Suzuki
5. Mike Alessi KTM
6. Ben Townley KTM
HE SHOULD STAY THERE,THOSE ARE THE BEST RESULTS HE'S GANA GET. AMERICAN SENSATION MY A$$. :nener:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
He can't even back up his big mouth in europe.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Perspective:

16 year old kid.
Racing against veterans.
Racing against current and former WORLD CHAMPS.
Racing on brand new tracks.
Racing in foreign countries.
Racing a new (to him) brand bike.

Finishes 3rd overall - that's a podium for those of you who are unfamiliar with the scoring structure.

Yeah, he sucks. :moon:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
He did better than i thought he would.He definatly not slow by a long way.However he seemed to imply earlier he would beat most of the euro riders, he did beat a good few but not all the top riders was at this meeting.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Yeah, he and his father can talk a line of BS. They must have some Texans in their ancestry.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
JuliusPleaser said:
Perspective:

16 year old kid.
Racing against veterans.
Racing against current and former WORLD CHAMPS.
Racing on brand new tracks.
Racing in foreign countries.
Racing a new (to him) brand bike.

Finishes 3rd overall - that's a podium for those of you who are unfamiliar with the scoring structure.

Yeah, he sucks. :moon:

Kind of like KW here, hes in the top three usually, only two riders in the world (my opinion) beeting him, 10 seconds ahead of fourth, only one not to get lapped last week, seems like every body thinks he's a has been back marker,...whats that make the rest of the field, ?? :think:
Not an Alessi fan by any means, but the kid seems like he can haul arse. Hes running with some pretty fast company over there.

bigpa

Nov 24, 2003
Ok so the kid gets beat by Pichon, Smets and Coppins. No big deal, these guys are champs and GP winners. But then he gets beat by unknowns Bill on a KTM and Meo on a HUSKY!!! :ohmy: Not exacctly what they were expecting. They thought they'd be spanking everybody and here he gets beat at an unimportant race by a couple of nobodys.
Now his father is saying he'll skip the first round of the GPs.
Big Mouth? Yes! :blah:

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Im not an Alessi fan at all and I hate him and his family. I cant stand how he talks so big and insults other riders even if hes a good rider. Theres this thing called good sportmanship and he has none of it. Im not going to say hes a bad rider (hes actually really good for a 16 year old) but Id rather cheer for a worse rider who goes out and is happy whether he wins or loses, just because he loves the sport. People like Alessi ruin sports becasue they think they can be assholes just because they ride good.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
marcusgunby said:
His riding is good enough to let it speak for him-his mouth makes his riding look bad when its not.

Thank you marcus, you sumed up my whole last post into one sentence. He should be more like Andrew Short, a good rider whos happy whether he wins or loses (or thats how he seems - he always looks happy and is smiling even if he loses).

Top Bottom