Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Alessi gives tips to K-dub

Thank goodness Windham has this kid to help him out. Maybe someday Windham will be as fast as Alessi! :| I found this on the Transworld Motocross web site:

After recently spending a day with Alessi, Kevin Windham gave a very well-spoken response as to his opinion of Mike Alessi – after much prodding. (You can call it begging if you’d like.) His opinion seems to be shared by almost every rider in the pits. “So we’re doing the 2005 Honda CR photo shoot at Red Bud,” K-Dub said of the day after the Red Bud National. “In the Red Bud whoop section they put in, I’m blitzing through them on the stock 2005 CRF450R. I mean, I’m hauling butt through them, and I’m feeling really good on the bike, and he comes up alongside me and says, ‘Yeah, that looks pretty good, but I find it easier and almost as fast to double them.’ Then he says, ‘Watch, I’ll show you.’ I mean, he’s talking about doubling whoops. You’re going to show me how to double whoops? I mean, c’mon! All of the guys in the C-class, and even lower, can double through whoops. He goes, ‘But you can do it for 35 minutes. There’s no way you can do it your way for two 35-minute motos.’ I’m like, ‘Were you watching yesterday? Not only was I doing it, but the top 10 were doing it for 35 minutes. That’s not a section you double.’ Before then, whatever I heard or saw, I’ve tried to kind of listen to it with an open mind, and after this kid came out and said that to me – I mean, to go from blitzing a set of whoops to doubling, and the way that he tried to push his opinion on me, it was just very degrading to me to be standing there listening to a punk kid tell me how to ride. From that day on, I haven’t had any respect or anything for the guy.”

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yup, the kid definetly got himself a case of the verbal runs (diarehha of the mouth to be exact) :uh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:| :bang:

jfisher304

Nov 15, 1999
Kawidude said:
I mean, I’m hauling butt through them, and I’m feeling really good on the bike, and he comes up alongside me and says, ‘Yeah, that looks pretty good, but I find it easier and almost as fast to double them..”

Ok, why on earth would someone want to do something ALMOST as fast as the next guy. At the level motocross is at now, 99% as fast as the next guy isn't going to get you anywhere. If you can't do it the fastest way for 30 minutes, or just do something because it's easier, you can expect to finish 30th.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Interesting. If it came from any other, I might be hesitant to throw weight at it. But from K-Dub? He's as true and honest as they come. Furthermore, that's the first time I ever recall him talking that way about anyone.

This kid must be a real treat. It might be good that he comes in and lights an angry fire up everyone's ass, though. Could make the racing a bit better.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
nephron said:
. Could make the racing a bit better.

... or at the very least the BLOCK PASSING. ;)

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
Is it just me or did Alessi seem like he was being man handled by his bike? That is what I like about Winham, Carmichael, Reed, Stewartm, DV and alot of others. They make it look so easy, fluid, relaxed and in control, makes me say "Hey I can do that!" Meanwhile, Alessi looks like a fish flopping around on his bike!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
albeit a wee, wittle pwe-pubescent fishy...

dude sounded like he should be dancing/working around a chocolate factory

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hot new rumor, shooting the bull with some guys at the shop, someone who has met the kid believes him to be mentally challenged. Not said in jest and it would explain a lot of behavior, (how he hangs on his dad's every word and appears oblivious to everyone and everything else) :think:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Hey Super rat, are you Alessi's butt buddy, ore did he put you on the payroll?

Top Bottom