jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I know there really is no such thing as a suspension set up that can be ideal for every situation, but I am asking if their is a setup I can use that would be best for my conditions. I've already assured that my race sag is proper so that is out of the way.

I am about 5'11 200 lbs in gear. I ride a 2001 Honda CR125 mainly on the trails. I like to hit smaller jumps and I don't want to bottom on pretty much anything I have the courage to hit, but at the same time I want a relatively smooth ride for those long, bumpy straights in the woods. Currently I think I am a little too stiff and I know I may not be of too much help to you guys, but I was wondering if you could help me get the bike stiff enough to handle jumps and handle my weight, but soft enough to be easy on the body through a day of trail riding. Thanks guys.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah that's kinda what I assumed only thing is, how much are springs gonna cost me and I don't think I could tackle that project myself.

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
Springs are around $99 for the rear and $89 for the front. Get the correct spring for your wt. and and then play with the clickers to get it to work as you need. If the you can't get it working with the clickers front and rear, then you may need to revalve the front and rear. Go to racetech.com and use their spring search.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Well I mean it's not like the suspension is bad now, it's just that I don't know if it is set up best for me. I really don't know the difference between a good suspension setting and a bad one to be honest. So that's really it.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah I mean I've had this bike for over a year and the suspension has saved my life a few times LOL. Just last week I was leaned a little too far forward on a jump that kicked my back end up and I almost lost it but the forks sucked it up and didn't throw me off either. For the most part the suspension is great. I dialed it back down to how it was because for a while I thought clicking everything up a little would be better. But it's pretty much great for me stock.

Top Bottom